• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

StangFix's 28th Annual California's Meet-In-The Middle (MITM)

Re: StangFix’s 28th Annual California’s Meet-In-The Middle (MITM)

Well we're bringing some plastic cups and paper plates....enough to share.

I'll be bringing the mixin's for Kamakzees (sp?)....Mmmmmm they taste so good.

Well, have a good time everyone. Sorry we can't make it :sad.

Update: Katie and I can't make it. I know we were iffy to begin with but I'm still pretty bummed.

Well mostly bummed, I mean we WILL be in Hawaii just the two of us. :eek I guess if there's a trade-off that's a pretty fair one.

Angelo, Dave sorry you and yours won't be with us. Angelo, now you have a great excuse. Hawaii? Really? Your driving the Mustng? :scar Did Katie convince you that Lodi was in Hawaii? :lol
Dave, that RestoMod of yours really needs a run, ya know....maybe to Pismo?

"Outlawboss" said:
Well mostly bummed, I mean we WILL be in Hawaii just the two of us. :eek

Sharon and I, too. Maui?

"Sacbill" said:
Sharon and I, too. Maui?

Awesome! Unfortunately, different island. We'll be at Turtle Bay on Oahu.

And here we're trying to impress the rest of SF that we're going to Pismo Beach for the weekend and you two are driving your Mustangs to Hawaii. :po

Have a great time. :pbj :pbj :pbj

Meet-In-The Middle (MITM) - recon work..and suggestions

This past weekend I needed to drive south to Ventura so on the way back I took a recon drive of SacBill's suggested cruise through the wine country.

Our cruise will form up at the Kon Tiki on Saturday morning about 9:30-10am.
The route is Hwy 101 north to Hwy 1 North in San Luis Obispo. Hwy 1 north through Cayucos. Just north of Cayuco the highway goes from 4 lanes to two. Along here are some good pic opportunities albeit on the opposite side of the road. So lets be carefull about traffic and where we turn. No need to create problems, just drive on down further and make a safe u-turn if needed.
Continuing on Hwy 1 north to Hwy 46 East. This is a highly pratrolled road and hence the 55pmh limit although the road seems like a nice 70mph sweepers road we'll be driving the speed limit.

I'll admit to not being a wine drinker so if someone has a preferrence or would like to lead this area and take us on a tour, go for it.
I did notice a new winery called Niner that was huge with ample paved parking. Of course there are plenty to choose from.

Check out:
http://www.centralcoasttourist.com/wineries/PasoRobles.htm

For those with lower class tastes...not like the other snooty wine snobs.... there is the Firestone Brewery at Hwy 46 and Hwy 101.

Hwy 46 inersects Hwy101 and then its 30miles south back to Pismo.

The total trip will be around 100 miles so plan you fuel accordingly.

Upon arrival back at Kon Tiki the rest of the day is relaxing at what you want to do be it, beach strolling, walking the pier, hot tub, pool, lounging and drinking (yeah that sounds about right) or changing your oil. You do what you want.

We will be ordering pizza and salads from Giuseppe's to be delivered later in the evening.

On my drive through on Friday night the weather was quite chilly so since we'll be outside on the lawn most of the night (hopefully using someone's room as a base) I suggest some warm clothing. Don't forget your swim suits to take advantage of the amenities...like Bill did with the ladies last year.

828765-T800600.jpg

See you all Friday.

Brewery sounds cool, Rob and I aren't winos either, we are just going for the people and ponies... well I better not forget the hot tub. :D

I did see this about that brewery
"Groups over 10 require a reservation"

Nah...you just walk in and order up a beer.

Its not on Hwy 46.....its on the frontage road along 101.

Sorry I was looking at the tour page.

"Moostang" said:
Rob and I aren't winos...

But you whine all the time!!! :beat

Damn I need to buy a sweater :cry

Damn, too cold for the mankini? :wtf

I don't think so :po

I have the feeling, the weather down there is going to be very nice.

Note to all:

Bring cash. Since I'm not sure the Friday night dinner will give us seperate checks. Also Saturday we will be ordering pizzas and salad so you need to cough up cash there too.

Also for those that haven't yet (I'm one of 'em), we need to offer up some cash to Craig for the NorCal banner he had made.

Don't forget I also charge a fee to acknowledge you and I don't take checks or plastic, just ask hubby.

Hey, looks like a good turnout. I've had some other stuff going on in my life but am ready to head out to a friend's beach house in Cayucos with the Mustang in about 15 minutes. The house is right on Hwy 1 so I'll keep a lookout for everyone around 10:30am or so onward and pop out and catch up with the cruise. If there's room for me in any of the activities, I'll be happy to join; if not, I'll head back to Cayucos. Hope everyone has a safe trip!

Pat

Hi Everyone, I trust yesterday's drive to Pismo was uneventful, and I hope the cruise today goes just as well.

Sweaters ? Very funny to hear you could use a sweater
while in that gorgeous hot tub...glorious sunshine
and lots of smiles. Sweaters ? Did you really say "sweaters" ???
We can send plenty of wool gloves, wool hats, wool scarfs,
and sweaters from Connecticut. Sweaters...you're kidding right ?
(of course this is Toni writing and not Uncle Vinny)
Hi to everyone...have a great gathering ....Toni

Back