• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The author of this post seems familiar....

When Nick built his engine and showed us pictures, I wondered if he'd installed all of his water pump bolts.

In his blog, he had a mysterious "last minute" water pump leak and changed the gasket. Here is the photo of the finished engine from his blog after he replaced the gasket. Aren't those bosses on the water pump supposed to have bolts in them?

P1020669.JPG

"daveSanborn" said:
At AllFordMustangs, idiocy reigns supreme. Good to see that Nick found a place that will worship him... and his welding skilz.....

Amen brother! There are some dumb SOBs over there and its the perfect place for ole St. Nick to find some yes-men nutswingers that will look at his Great Stuff and say "wow g00d job bro!" and nobody will disagree.

I hung out there for a while and acted as abrasive and dickheaded as I dared, just for grins. I swear they thought I was some sort of Mustang demigod. I dared not break it to them that I'm an asshole college kid who hasn't ever DRIVEN a Mustang. :rofl

"daveSanborn" said:
Aren't those bosses on the water pump supposed to have bolts in them?

Oh god...I literally laughed out loud at that. I've only done a water pump job on a couple 302s and I always get confused which bolts go where and all that, but even *I* am pretty sure some of them are flat out missing in that pic.

Good one nick, way to show off the skillz. :eek:mg

Aren't those bosses on the water pump supposed to have bolts in them?

I'm not sure at this point if they are in fact supposed to have bolts in them. It's possible that they could just be mounting bosses for FEAD bracketry. He used a 351W correct? My son has a 351W in his car, I'll look next time the hood is open.

Compared to a well known 351 that soon will be out ....again.....looks like a couple of the shorter ones may be missing.
4_08_11_09_1_33_30_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The funniest part of that thread is when Nick says this......

ill have to go through the whole thing and see how things were repaired and what was replaced or not replaced, what was done half job. Ill run a marti report on it and see what info it will show me, but if i start working on it, i probably wont stop unless im happy with everything... ill make that choice when ill receive the car, hopefully before 2010.

Yea, I was looking at the water pump style and bolt layout. Looks like there is one missing right at the top that may be for the backing plate. Then there is one for a bracket mount a couple over from that.

"Johnny M" said:
The funniest part of that thread is when Nick says this......

Yep...I got a laugh out of that one and thought the same thing as you.

Maybe he needs to check the car for what he considers a sufficient amount of great stuff?

It was one thing when he was making a joke out of a rust bucket, but I hate to see him f-ing up what would appear to be a pretty nice car.

Not necessarily. I think only the big-blocks got the 9" rear ends, GT or not.

Wouldnt it be funny if he bought the car from that ebay seller that keeps getting blasted on VMF, I cant recall his ebay seller id, but he would paint over chunks of bondo and call the car rust free.

"Fast68back" said:
Wouldnt it be funny if he bought the car from that ebay seller that keeps getting blasted on VMF, I cant recall his ebay seller id, but he would paint over chunks of bondo and call the car rust free.

Goodnews Gospel? That would be funny... But IIRC, that was from the south some where, Tennesse? Nick says this one is from ALIQUIPPA. Thats about a half hours drive from me.

"daveSanborn" said:
When Nick built his engine and showed us pictures, I wondered if he'd installed all of his water pump bolts.

In his blog, he had a mysterious "last minute" water pump leak and changed the gasket. Here is the photo of the finished engine from his blog after he replaced the gasket. Aren't those bosses on the water pump supposed to have bolts in them?

Those bosses are for different accessories. I don't see any missing missing "required" bolts.

Nick Update!

"This car i will have to take apart, im not happy with it, engine runs like crap, tranny sucks, i bet compression is low, it cant even stay running correctly, the brakes dont work at all. interior is not finished So... This will be an Eleanor project"

...probably some guy in Germany will be saying something like that soon.

It looks good though.

"JBauer4363" said:
Nick Update!

"This car i will have to take apart, im not happy with it, engine runs like crap, tranny sucks, i bet compression is low, it cant even stay running correctly, the brakes dont work at all. interior is not finished So... This will be an Eleanor project"

...probably some guy in Germany will be saying something like that soon.

It looks good though.

:lol :lol :lol

Nick got...Nick'ed. :lol

Back