• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tire pressure

What tire pressure do you run on the street?

• Total voters
Hi Terry,
Glad to hear your close to the finish line. Do you have any build pictures posted? Just trying to liven up Friday, especially after having a family member and a friend in the path of the hurricane. I thought I would get a rise out of Mark, hope he is felling well.
Brad
Check out my build in the Members Build Thread area

....What Mid typed is a very good way to determine Street pressures, but the tires need to be at operating temps to be accurate. The real way of getting the correct tire pressure for a particular day at the stated air temps is to run them hard and then with a temp probe (not a IR cheapy) take the HOT temps from the outside - middle - inside edge of each tire and get the pressure reading at that time. Adjust the tire pressure so the temp will be the same all the way across. It WILL be different for every tire at every condition. If you take the temps when cold, it's a waste since the tire will increase in size and temp as it gets hotter...
:p

You do all that before your wife takes you to the grocery store?

I can't believe this great thread has been derailed with jokes...bad ones at that.

That's what we do.

The info is good though. I just couldn't resist.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Back