• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

We have been broken into - UPDATE II - OMG!

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Last night, between 10-12 someone broke into our house, took both my wife's and my cel phones, both our daily key rings full of keys and her Subaru wagon.

FucQ!!!

To all, don't bother calling or texting me for I've had our cels disconnected.

Craig

Re: We have been broken into

Sorry to hear, what a PITA. FYI, if the thieves took key rings, they may come back and try to take the cars. Really consider having the affected car locks changed and house locks too, if they were on the rings. Insurance (homeowners or auto), MAY cover the cost, depening on the company.

That sucks....secure everything with different locks for sure. Any neighbors have video surveillance? How did they access the house...sounds like a fast trip in and out if that is all the got.

Man that sucks. Suprised the cops didn't ask you to keep one of the phones on. Happened around here last year,cops waited a day and called one of the numbers and offered a reward for the phone. Idiot criminal came to the meet driving the car he took to pick up the "Reward". Some criminals just aren't smart,at least swipe a couple of new plates for the car.

Makes me want to rant. GDSAPOS's need to have their ***** cut off. Course I'd settle for blowing their knee caps off with the 12GA and forgetting about the court system, after all, they do call it the criminal('s) justice system.

That happened to one of our club members. He worked six months out of the year in Alaska, and his wife was gone for the day. They broke into their house, found the keys to their 64.5 convertible and his guns. They took the shotgun and fired it through all of her clothes in the closet, loaded up the guns and electronics in the Mustang and took off. About 19 years later, a new owner went to register the 64.5 Mustang he had just bought in California and it came up on the stolen list. He got the car back, but was dying of lung cancer by that time. Several of us in the club worked long hours to get the car restored for him for our upcoming show, but he died before then. We put the car in the show as a tribute to him and then his daughter took the car up to Alaska.

Don't forget to reprogram garage door openers too. If there was a remote in the subaru.

Craig, I hope the warehouse and contents are secure. I hope they didn't target you for the cars.

I don't know if anything pisses me off more than thieves! :guns

Terrible news Craig. There is a distinct rise in residential burglaries around here lately as well and the thieves are becoming more brazen. With budget cutbacks and the usual municipal BS, the local police are less likely to respond to property crimes with any urgency and the thieves know it.

Man Craig sorry to hear about that, lots of good advice above about changing the locks.

Holy crap! Sorry to hear about this Craig. When we have residential burglaries there's usually a string of them in the area. Solve one and you solve a BUNCH! I sure hope your local PD is on top of it. Did they get the cell phone numbers/account info from you while taking the report? If so, they can track/locate the phones if the turds weren't smart enough to remove the batteries. Hoping for the best for ya!

This sucks, Craig!
I hope you guys were out......but then again, you would have had your cell phones with you.... :hide
Definitely think of everything they could gain access to through those key rings ad car....

That sucks, Craig!

I was in Dallas last Wed / Thu and one of my co-workers got to his hotel late. They gave him a penthouse suite that he said was bigger than his house! During the night, someone broke into his room (while he was sleeping), stole his wallet, keys (to his house and car) and rental car keys.

Get an in house camera system, so at least you can see who did this (records movement only).

Some good news. Yesterday after I was able to get back into my work to confirm all was there, I decided to drive Mr. Truck home going through a rougher section of town near Facebook. As I turned down a busy street, I happen to look down into a parking lot of a Jack N the box and there I saw a red colored car. Stopped, backed up and turned into the parking lot only to find the wife's Red Subaru (I had memorized the plates earlier that day).

With my heart pumping big time, I quickly parked the truck...now what? Have no cel phone...don't see a pay phone. Then a young man comes walking out of Starbucks. I approached him quickly explaining that I need to borrow a phone so I can call 911 because I just found my wife's stolen car (as I pointed to it). He quickly slaps my hand down saying "shhhh, don't point at it for someone might be watching the car" and hands me his phone.

Police arrived a few minutes later while I stayed online with 911. Meanwhile, called the wife telling her to bring the spare set of keys and take home her car. Police meanwhile, the police found her original keys in the car. My keys and both our cels have not been found. Already replaced my cel and am now rebuilding my daily ring of keys.

Yes, have already changed the exterior locks of the house.

A very tiring weekend.

Re: We have been broken into - UPDATE

Well that's good news. At least you got the car back.
I am assuming the police did not catch the people who stole it then?

Back