• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

We have been broken into - UPDATE II - OMG!

Craig I'm sorry to see you had to go the that. I'm glad the both of you guys didn't get hurt at all. Maybe it's time to buy a home alarm system. You'll save money on your homeowners insurance if you have one installed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

make sure all you iphone users download the app "Find my phone"
If its turned on you can track it through your computer.
I am sure there is something similar out there for android, but i cant be bothered looking.
Its good to see your cops doing there job.
Here, they would have stuck the bag of goodies in a storeroom for 3 months, then had an unclaimed goods auction for donut money.

Nice work getting the car back. You get an A+ for that one.

Being home while they came in is some scary stuff. I'm glad it worked out better than it could have.

I never understood the other side. I'm sorry you and Barb had to go through that.

You should at least wire up one of those Fart Machines you sent to everybody to an infrared beam so the next crook gets a good laugh while he is rummaging through all your stuff.

Just kidding, I am glad it worked out the way it did, that's pretty scary, could have been a LOT worse.
My wife is ready to buy a gun now.

"cmayna" said:
Yes I am thinking about alarm system for the house
I suggest one of these. You'll get a lot more enjoyment out of your investment. And the bad guys...not so much.

index.php

I was talking to a bloke once who came to the door trying to sell security.
I told him i had all the security i needed
picture015f.jpg

His response was "Can she use a fire extinguisher?"

Even so a good size dog is the best security.
Most criminals will just move along to the next house without a dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one also. Actually, primary and backup systems.

Glad to hear it all worked out, Craig!

Boxers 1 German Shepherds 4.

This is Fiona "working"

index.php

Love the post from KTJMcG

Dept of Home Security :yah :yah

Craig I have been following your plight from your first post. All that I can say is Karma. What goes around comes around, you got what you deserved, that is you got your possessions back and a lesson. Lock your doors at night and get "Dept of Home Security"

It also looks like Ponyman66 was right on the money. Really Craig II what is wrong with a Subaru wagon?

fd

I am pretty certain a break in like that at our house would result in a new house for us. There is no way my wife would sleep another night knowing someone came in while we were sleeping. Like others mentioned, I utilize the four-legged security system. Even the UPS man is afraid to come to the front door. He sneaks up, drops the Mustang parts, rings the bell and runs like hell. My Boarder Collie hits the front window like a mad dog....someday he will get through it.

I am glad to hear it all worked out and hopefully you can recover your peace of mind.

Dogs do work well, but now that I am locating utilities and have to go into yards a lot, I have found very few dogs that a little dog bone wouldn't take care of.

If someone wants to get by your dog they can. Either a bullet, pepper spray, a big meaty bone or some other means.

Get the alarm and a dog they work well together!

Mel

Re: We have been broken into - UPDATE

"KTJMcG" said:
Great that you got the car back and glade your safe.We had an incident last night that scared the hell out of the wife. I immediately thought of your predicament .Loud knock on the door about 11pm. Wife was in the bathroom and I was in the bedroom. When I got to the door I could hear the storm door being rattled like it was trying to be opened. Cell phone in hand and for some reason my big aluminum flashlight was by the door. Dialed 911,grabbed the flashlight and opened the door. Guy was sitting on my porch and claimed he was looking for his sisters house. Needless to say,While I had and open line to 911,my wife was on the house phone with them. After chasing the goof off the porch I waited on the top step for the cops to arrive. They caught the guy headed down the street and asked him the standard questions. Turns out,he was knocking on everyones door with this excuse. Us and the people across the street were the only ones who called. The one cop said they were taking him in to question him about a couple of robberies in the neighborhood and he'd talk to my wife at the courthouse today as to what they find out. First thing that went through my mind was Craigs break in Cali. Very scary stuff.

What is with the big scary flashlight? Down here when you open the door, the least you have is a .40 cal in hand...lol Make that guy leave a wet spot where he was sitting/standing.

Craig, I think you should buy a lottery ticket. You must be pretty damn lucky to get all the stuff back.
Glad everything ended up ok.

"RapidRabbit" said:
Craig, I think you should buy a lottery ticket. You must be pretty damn lucky to get all the stuff back.
Glad everything ended up ok.

Craig i dont think you should buy a lottery ticket.
you have used up all your luck!

"KBMWRS" said:
What an elaborate ploy just to have an excuse to buy a new I-Phone 5. :roll

That's what I thought. He was texting me today about how he could get with Siri, I mean how to use Siri.

Super news Craig! Glad it worked out. Even better the PD knows who the guys are. Two words...arrest warrants! :thu :thu

Now, when they're caught I just hope your court system is better than ours is!!

"cmayna" said:
Yes I am thinking about alarm system for the house

While I think ADT are a bunch of jerks I have ADT with the iPhone integration it's pretty damn impressive. Can check status of all sensors, when opened and closed, and arm and disarm all from my phone.

Back