• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What would you do with $200?

daveSanborn

Some guy showed up at my house last night asking me if I happened to have a FMX transmission. How these strangers find out about my leftover parts stashed away in corners of the shop is beyond me. I guess I must have mentioned it to someone and the word finally got around to this guy who was looking for one. I wasn't really interested in selling it, but the guy offered me $200 and I couldn't help him load it up into the back of his truck fast enough.

After he left I decided that I'd invest the "unaccounted for" $200 into my '66. I thought about all of the little things that $200 could buy and started looking at the car... where best to spend the money? Since my car is "done", I had a hard time finding anything that really warranted replacement/purchase. I know that I'd better do someting with it quick or it will be absorbed into my normal spending and the car won't see a penny of it. I remembered that I'd repaired instead of replaced the windshield's LH side SS trim piece and it wasn't quite perfect.... and the wide lower trim pieces on the front grille surround have a couple imperfections, but as of this minute I'm at a quandry on what I'll spend the money on.

Does anyone else have this problem? I know that when I'm "not done" with the car, $200 goes pretty quick as it seems there are a 1000 items on the list.

So here's my question....

If you suddenly had $200 to spend on your Mustang, what would you do with it, and why?

I would personally take it to a Mustang gathering and share it with my fellow 'stangers. You do what you want, but I would celebrate my new found wealth with some friends who enjoy the finer things in life....like Mustangs and beer. Possibly as soon as this weekend at a gathering at a certain beach. But, you can do whatever you want.

On mine, I would install led tail lights, (sequential for my personal desire), due to the fact that every time I drive it, someone seems to bitch about not seeing the brake lights during the day.

Be careful as shipping can kill a small sale.

I would personally take it to a Mustang gathering and share it with my fellow 'stangers. You do what you want, but I would celebrate my new found wealth with some friends who enjoy the finer things in life....like Mustangs and beer. Possibly as soon as this weekend at a gathering at a certain beach.

I'll bring $4.00 of it with me and buy you one of those tootie-fruity wine cooler things you're so fond of.....

On mine, I would install led tail lights, (sequential for my personal desire), due to the fact that every time I drive it, someone seems to bitch about not seeing the brake lights during the day.

Pete, this is exactly the kind of response I'm looking for! What would YOU do and WHY? Now that you've responded with perfect form, what would the rest of the forum members do?

If you are serious about tracking the car, then put it towards something down that road.

Helmet, driving gloves, shoes, brake pads, cooling ducts, buy some track time are just a few.

look for extra set of rims to throw slicks on later for the track. werent you thinking about doing this?

Because we all know the stock radiators don't cool enough on the 65-66 cars. Can't buy a bigger one unless I relocate the battery and I'm still trying to keep my temp. below 190*-200*. Seems like I've tried everything else. Waffles, I've got that '74 LTD if you're still looking at the big cars.

I think I would buy new interior carpet. The carpet is basically new, but I have a stain/light spot from where the heater core leaked prior to tearing the car down. Its not bad enough to warrant replacing, but if some cash were to unexpectedly fall into my lap I would replace the carpet and probably the two interior door handles as they are slightly pitted. Not "needing" to be replaced, most people don't or wouldn't even notice them, but I know they are there.....

Although the 67 is on the road, it is FAR from DONE!
Every time I get in it, I cringe at thinking that the floorpan is going to drop out from under me.
Seems to be solid everywhere else, but I think a leaking cowl vent contributed to the problem on that side.
With that $200 I could at least buy the pan and could take a stab at putting it in myself, and alleviate that safety concern.
I could rob the kiddo's college fund, but then she'd miss out on that final class or two she needs to become a rich veterinarian and support me in the lifestyle that I want to get accustomed to...

I will be installing new upper and lower control arms this winter. I also have stock perches to put in but if I came across 200.00 I would order roller perches and put the new stock ones on the shelf.

look for extra set of rims to throw slicks on later for the track. werent you thinking about doing this?

Yes, but that's not my question.... what would you do with it and why?

Answering both parts of this question tells everyone where you're at with your car. There are many members here and it's hard to keep everyone straight sometimes. We all belong to different Mustang forums and this is just one place where we all get together. The more people that respond, the better we'll all know each other.

I'd love to hear from everyone!

"blue65coupe" said:
Because we all know the stock radiators don't cool enough on the 65-66 cars. Can't buy a bigger one unless I relocate the battery and I'm still trying to keep my temp. below 190*-200*. Seems like I've tried everything else. Waffles, I've got that '74 LTD if you're still looking at the big cars.

I think you should replace your fuel tank, rebuild the carb, swap the fuel pum, then if you have anything left, maybe replace the fuel lines......

5,000 comedians out of work and you're trying to make a joke.

(You forgot the fuel filter twice, plugs, wires, cap, button, coil, etc)

:rofl

Leave it to you two to derail the thread. Everybody else can answer Dave's question and ignore the Ringling Brothers

Back