• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What would you do with $200?

I'd be torn between an Aluminum rad fund, 'cause wife's vert has a crappy one in it.... or saving it for the next swap meet, so I can buy some more "stuff" to squirrel away. That way, maybe some guy will come knocking and give me MORE $$$ to decide what to do with..... :toot

Wow! Thanks for all the responses. I'd still like to hear from some of "quieter" members though....

For instance, a guy like Jeff Tepper whose car I consider to be 100% perfect.... what would Jeff buy with $200? There's got to be one imperfection on his car that $200 could correct.....

Or a strictly concours guy like Charles Turner? What would he buy? An NOS oil filter perhaps?

There are still a LOT of members out there who have not chimed in with a response. I'd love to hear from everyone.

"KBMWRS" said:
Jeff would buy gas powered blender.....he likes Margaritas :kaid
like this corvette blender
Top-Gear-Corvette-Blender.jpg

I would buy new chrome 1/4 vent window trim to replace the brand new one I just screwed up when I let the chuck on the drill rub against it while I was reaming the mounting holes in the body, I was so worried about not hurting the roll bar or the quarter panel trim that I forgot about the chrome piece. live and learn. :cry

If I was putting it towards my '66, I'd buy a billet grill and grill mask. I'm tired of the stock grill and fog light look on the car, and want to do something different.

If I was putting it towards the '69, I'd buy the replacement PS hose that started leaking last week, and use the rest to take the car back to the dyno to see how much difference the new carb and tuning gave me more over the 354 RWHP and 416 ft. lbs. of torque that was the baseline when I first put it all together.

Geez,
Where do I begin. You all know how far along with Shag I am or am not. So let's skip that subject. I'd put the $200 for a different carb for Red. Red is running a 500cfm eddy and I have never liked it that much so I'd opt for maybe a 600+ holley. Another item I want to change the the chunk in back. Currently running 3.0 gears and with an AOD, I'd like to consider 3.25 gears.

Well, well everyone.

Those of you that chose to post in this thread participated in a little StangFix experiment :naug

The ruse of Dave's dilemma of what to do with a 200.00 windfall was simply to get people to post about what THEY would do with 200.00 free dollars.

StangFix staff and John (opentracker) followed it very closely. We developed a scoring system that helped pick the eventual winner.

What was there to win?
200 bucks, obviously, Midlife's services for a wire harness refurb and StangFix and Opentracker T-shirts.

StangFix and Opentracker were quite happy to supply the cash.

The gracious winner already has the cash in his fist.

That person was......Lethal289. Congrats bro!

Im totally speechless you guys. I appreciate it so much. Now i have to get to work on the car. A special thanks to you guys; Sluggo, Rick, John, Midlife, Dave, and anybody else that had something to do with it. This is amazing.

My offer is to fully recondition your underdash harness. On me. If you need/want it.

"lethal289" said:
Im totally speechless you guys. I appreciate it so much. Now i have to get to work on the car. A special thanks to you guys; Sluggo, Rick, John, Midlife, Dave, and anybody else that had something to do with it. This is amazing.

Ehem... :conf

And congrats. But we need to see pics of the progress or you gotta pay da cash back. With interest.

All of the staff was involved, and even Craig (cmayna) had a hand in it.

So tell them all thanks and get your a$$ to work. We need some pictures.

While I'm at it, Id like to publicly thank the staff, John, Craig and most of all Dave and Rick.

Rick's idea to use the "found money" ploy and Dave for his brilliant execution of it.

We had some "behind the scenes" fun with this one :pbj

Dont forget about Steve and Duane, they got those damn polls up faster than I could read the replies to the post!

Sluggo, Rick, Caspian65, Opentracker, blue65coupe, daveSanborn, 70_Fastback, Midlife, Laurie S., Joesgt281, AtlantaSteve, Shaun, silverblueBP, Cmanya

:mjThank You So Much!!!!!! :mj​

IF i forgot somebody Im sorry. I hope you guys/gals know that I really enjoy my time spent here and only hope i can contribute as much as the rest of you. Its a great thing going on here, and i only see it getting better in the future. I appreciate it very much. :wor

"Midlife" said:
My offer is to fully recondition your underdash harness. On me. If you need/want it.
Thanks mid, Can i get back to you on this? I still have a short of some kind cutting out my dash lights. Once i get into it all, can i let you know then?

Our next batch of ORP t-shirts will be GO with the blue ribbon instead of white with the blue ribbon and GO text. You and SWMBO get the first two. PM me your address and sizes, it'll be a couple of weeks still.

Congratulations :toot

Back