• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WTF?

johnpro

I know we're not suppossed to bash that "other site", but man, there are some paranoid mo-fo's over there. I responded in a thread on the NorCal forum, which is the first time I've been on that site for a long time.

Apparently, stangfix is a banned word over there. Really? I can say shitting on that forum, but can't say stangfix.

I complained at the end of my post about it, and some a-hole modified my post and took off the part of my post that they didn't like, removed the link to stangfix post, and posted the text from my post here, into the thread over there.

I'll probably be amongst the banned by the morning over there! I made a post in the General Forum about it, and it lasted 5 minutes before it was deleted.

Sorry, it just really pissed me, and I had to vent.

Still there 4.5 hours later. However, it's very early in the pre-dawn hours, and the moderators must be asleep at the wheel.

It's why I've lost interest in that other forum...the bullshit politices and the crappy interface.....I still lurk the odd time but in general I can't be arsed.

That Eleanor Gt5000009373590458367w373-0255437324903450-4350834 thread was the greatest joke ever...the guy saying he doesn't want comments or help from anyone and look at the him now looking for help the whole time...Dam crackhead.

rant over....

"Meyer65" said:
It's completely ridiculous. All of that forum's "elite" made it over to this forum anyway.

They sure did. And somehow I made it over here too!!

I'm not going to bash VMF (See, we're allowed to mention them here) because that board has been a bounty of information, and a wonderful chance to meet some great people in this hobby.

This site certainly has some differences that make it great. For one, we can talk freely, we can swear, we can tell someone his Eleanor clone is being done in a slip-shot way without being called douches. Well, we still would be called douches, but that's just because we all love to call each other names.

I'd really like to know WHY this board is a bad word over there. Sluggo has taken a much more mature attitude about it, and said he doesn't know, nor care, why there seem to be so many knotted panties amongst the moderators of VMF, but I am far more of a child, and want to know :wtf is up with them. Just a simple question. What did this board do wrong?

Listen, there was a time (before my time) where this place was a sort of snark forum...where people would come here and air laundry that you couldn't air on VMF. But guess what? The admins here put their foot down and decided, no, we're going to be better than that. WTF else could the crew over there have wanted?

I want this board to be wildly successful. And while I wasn't here from day one, I am grateful I found it when it was still pretty small. Because I've had a chance to meet and get a better feel for some of the highest caliber posters in the classic stang hobby. When this place is big and gigantic, it will be different. I'm sure there will have to be new rules, because assholes will show up and push our loose attitude to the point that it's hard to keep ignoring. Also, it will be harder when it's bigger for us all to know each other. I'm not much of a big fish around here (my natural tendency is to read more than speak...I find when I speak I often end up with my foot in my mouth) but over at VMF I'm a nobody...which is fine, because even as a nobody I've received tons of help, and met some great people. But I hope this place always remains a more free, more open community, one where at the end of the day, we're a bunch of car guys doing what car guys do. Talking shit about cars, and speaking our minds about all kinds of shit.

Whatever it is about us that threatens them is beyond me. But I refuse to have this place treated like the unmentionable crazy kid at the sanatorium. Because we're not. What gets me is that there are tons of other mustang and ford forums on the internet...yet we're the bad word. WHY? Seriously, if someone reading this knows, tell me...

I don't post much there anymore. All came down to attitudes.
I like it here, we can post pics of underboob and thongs. Always a win in my book. :danc

"caspian65" said:
John: They've also made concoursmustang.com a bad word over there. Figure that one out!

I am not overly familiar with the "other board" but it sounds a tad to me like they are jealous or feel threatened in some way.

jeal⋅ous

–adjective
1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his rich brother.
2. feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.
3. characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment: a jealous rage; jealous intrigues.
4. inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims: a jealous husband.
5. solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something: The American people are jealous of their freedom.
6. Bible. intolerant of unfaithfulness or rivalry: The Lord is a jealous God.

I don't know but if the shoe fits....

I went thru the same thing on a post entitled "Side Exit Exhaust Installation". Tried to post a link to the sound clip of mine here. Ended up having to put a space between stang and fix with a delete space note. It actually made it thru the rulers.......

I still post there just to help out others or comment on some things but here is much more relaxed for sure.

I continue to be baffled by this.

Let me reiterate, I don't care. I attempted to have dialog with a certain someone there and was ignored. Something that will never happen when one of you PM me.

So JohnPro what number do you want on your team jersey??? :rofl :rofl

I totally agree with Atlanta Steve...well said.

And Sluggo you should ask Sanborn for his license plate...(produced upon the request of any person. Hey Dave show me your plate!)

John,
Sounds like you need to bring your skirty drinking glasses with you at MITM so you can fill them up for me to consume and discuss current matters.

"If the bar could talk"...........This will be the title of the upcoming post after our return from MITM in two weeks.

"Fast68back" said:
I'm crying BS on dat one, you dont even answer the phone when I drunk dial at 2AM, :wtf ?

That'a cuz I know you're :gobp and lonely that time of night. Same reason I lock myself in my room and sleep on my back when you're in town. :dumas

"Sluggo" said:
That'a cuz I know you're :gobp and lonely that time of night. Same reason I lock myself in my room and sleep on my back when you're in town. :dumas

But you keep inviting me back....wishful thinking on your part?

Back