• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 Coupe WDT

Motor and T5 are in, thought i'd add a pic of my 6K tach cluster, still needs a clock.

IMG_0570_zps5907e18b.jpg

IMG_0571_zps24674d98.jpg

IMG_0575_zps8a796296.jpg

IMG_0573_zpsa97c044f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked for a carb online found a 770 Street avenger for 250 OBO, Paid 200 Cash Great Deal To me!

Just threw it on for a pic, What you think?? Anybody run a street avenger? Feedback??
IMG_0577_zps011bd092.jpg

IMG_0578_zps9660fc47.jpg

IMG_0576_zps2d4f331e.jpg

I have a 770 Street Avenger on my 429. It works pretty good. I have had it since 1999 and no problems. I drive it anywhere. It's not an all out race carb but works great on the street, right out of the box.

The car looks awesome, I just read the whole thread.. One thing in your last set of pictures...
IMG_0575_zps8a796296.jpg

You need to repair those holes in the shock towers, they work great for greasing the UCA bushings/shaft but they are creating a weak point in your shock towers.

New (cheap) aluminum radiator-Old one leaked-
New radiator hoses-Old ones leaked-

Instead of a clock in the center of instrument cluster I decided to put the oil pressure gauge in,
I like the look, maybe a clock will go in later, Going to do the LED conversion/and new lens'

The engine WILL be starting or breaking this weekend-

The last things I need to do
-Put oil dipstick in
-put about 4 more quarts of oil in
-Put 91 octane in gas tank
-Connect battery
-Hook up Instrument cluster

Has been a looong time.. The coupe has been neglected for many months, I have been buying lots of parts but have had little time to work on the car. I still have not heard the stroker motor run for more than 30 seconds..pretty pathetic

Have been thinking about ordering AFR 205's and an aluminum Holley DP??

The interior is sitting collecting dust, like the rest of the car. The biggest snag up is that hood...Everything is just "hung on the car" because there is no more room to store all the crap for the car because I want half decent gaps and I need the hood.

Switched to an entire MSD ignition system. the old distributor went on a flight.. Waiting for spring,and it just wont come.

Back