• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 Coupe WDT

It's 39 right now. My grass is going to start growing again. I could live with this for winter. It's only snowed a couple times. Maybe an inch or 2 total. All melted each time within a few days.

"S8NS 289" said:
Yeah we still have snow :bomb I hate it I wish it was warmer i cant believe it was that much warmer over by you rappid??....
And craig that is awesome your son enjoys old cars! my first burnout was horrible-school parking lot fire dept. was called and i got a nice 300$ fine Public display of power....
ouch!
"RapidRabbit" said:
It's 39 right now. My grass is going to start growing again. I could live with this for winter. It's only snowed a couple times. Maybe an inch or 2 total. All melted each time within a few days.
nice!

393 Windsor/ T5/ 8.8" with 3.80's
I'm not sure what im doing for heads/cam yet, Everyone wants me to get a Thumper cam i'm debating it... how is your project going??

Laid some paint down, seems like i was sitting on it forever, the plan is a supersnake stripe with the SEM hot rod black, and to black out the taillight panel, GT350 stripes. I only painted the back of the car for now, the hood and passenger's fender need work to get decent. But im happy with the results, about 3 runs in the clear but they will come out when i cut it.

IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5763.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5767.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

IMG_5795.jpg

IMG_5804.jpg

IMG_5801.jpg

Azure blue is really wierd under different types of light it completely changes color it seems, I love it though when you rub noses with it, It really is beautiful. I still have to cut/buff her and i plan on using the trizact paper on a DA. I'm really happy though! :yah :yah

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks great... congrats. I kinda like the blue tail panel... especially if you are going to carry the stripes all the way down to the rear valence.

Looks awesome. I Like the color.
Your going to have to change the name now. Doesn't look like a death trip anymore.

Thanks everyone, I might not black out the tail panel I just really like the look of craigs rear :sm_TMI :wtf LOL at pat, Maybe a clevor will make it a death trip again :confu

"S8NS 289" said:
Thanks everyone, I might not black out the tail panel I just really like the look of craigs rear :sm_TMI :wtf LOL at pat, Maybe a clevor will make it a death trip again :confu
here was my rear :hide with a chrome bumper and black panel
24589_1219536454139_1400756601_30509128_6019368_n.jpg

and with a painted bumper and trim around tail lights...
247571_1734271722199_1400756601_31448091_2350450_n.jpg

I thought I would not like the painted bumper but now that I did it, I like it better. If I would have stayed with chrome, I may have not blacked out the tail panel. Not sure what I would recommend for you but it's looking great so keep on doing what your doing!

Sprayed the fenders, and put a few bolts in everything to see how it looks, I Really, Really love azure blue these pics wont do it justice! but im very happy to see somthing that looks half like a car again. It took me a while to get here.The hood & stripes will be painted shortly & My '74 351 block is still in the machine shop it will be ready to assemble this friday-
IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6739.jpg

IMG_6740.jpg

IMG_6738.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"tarafied1" said:
Very cool! I can't wait to see that broke down on the Power Tour!
lol Thanks, I've been biting fingernails to see if my hood will look 1/2 way decent , almost snuck the hood louvers in too, still might need someone to slap sense into me...

Back