• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 Coupe WDT

i took apart the tach and just used the internals, I used the old fuel/amp gauge cut out a piece of flat tin to fit inside the old gauge painted it black the numbers are around the same size as the speedo i used the scanner to get about the same look size numbers and cut um out/clear coated over it, i really want the line with the notches in it around the tach numbers any ideas??
fdadfasfdsafda.png

Last edited by a moderator:
no I don't have any but quite clever. When I did my gauges I bought the white face overlays to make them all match cuz I didn't know how to make the gauges look right. I hope you figure it out. There could be a market for it!

got done with the center console base today treated 1/2'' at sunrise i put black vinyl on it and the foam for the armrest not sure if im gonna go with Aluminum or Black in the middle? and if i should put cup holders in it? :shrug A big Thanks to Lethal 289 for inspiration!
S1050023.jpg

S1050024.jpg

"RapidRabbit" said:
Your gonna need cupholders for the power tour. :steer
I'm not sure i'll make it to this years HRPT, but everything i can cross is crossed i have wanted to go for years... :thu I'll get some cup holders in it i think i will want em later.

Re: Re: 1968 Coupe WDT

"tarafied1" said:
bummer, I was hoping to hook up with you guys
So was I .

I may still make it but I am behind schedule on my engine install thanks to the weather last weekend.
I was supposed to get the motor in on Sunday. Now I may have to wait 2 more weeks until I can find some help. Then I still have get all the wiring and plumbing done.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

Re: Re: 1968 Coupe WDT

"tarafied1" said:
wish I was closer, i'd love to help!
So do I . I hate being in the middle of nowhere .

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

This console is covered and now im waiting to use my friends roto zip for the 2 guages and a cup holder today im going to get a sheet of aluminum after i go junk yard diving for parts 2006 crown victoria sport LX 50 degrees here finally! YEEHAAWW!
S1050027.jpg

S1050025.jpg

Thanks rapid, Well i could not find a ''cool'' way of adding 2 cupholders :char But i added some aluminum & used some 400 grit to spice it up a bit, A 2010 shelby emblem,and drilled out the 2 gauges i lost due to the homegrown tach i built all that's left is to add the foam on the sides and the little catcher under the armrest and im on to the next project :steer
S1050033.jpg

S1050034.jpg

S1050029.jpg

I'm getting to the hood part of my coupe, and i'm going to use these louvers on the side, i was thinking of making the original Boss 429 scoop i found into a shaker has anyone seen this done? and what way should i put the louvers??need some input before i go through with it...
S1050073.jpg

S1050074.jpg

that will be a huge shaker! I can't help with the louvers but I think its a great idea. Your moving right along!

everything needs days of work, Fiberglass is starting to get really old :char
S1050099.jpg

S1050100.jpg

S1050108.jpg

S1050107.jpg

ground down the bottom of the eleanor front, i think i'm gonna put a stud on it to pull it tight to the fender, Then i put the driver's side door on that i put a skin on and i adjusted it 5 times this is as close i could get, the fender needs shims and both capture nuts underneath but i'm worried about the gaps by the quarter panel?, is it too funked up to get a better gap??
S1050122.jpg

S1050123.jpg

S1050118.jpg

S1050119.jpg

S1050115.jpg

S1050117.jpg

S1050120.jpg

Back