• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 Coupe WDT

finally got this sorted out, going to prime this rear in the next couple days...then more sanding, White snake moan.:rant
S1052169.jpg

S1052172.jpg

S1052174.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
put the fenders on and i test fit the nose piece, im really happy about the fit as of now, maybe in a couple days that will change :roul i was wondering about these trim rings-do the three screws just go in to the FG???
S1052192.jpg

S1052197.jpg

S1052198.jpg

S1052199.jpg

thanks tarafied, i thought for sure they would screw into the 5.5'' headlight bucket :shrug, its a rebel kit, it's as lumpy as grandma's buttcheeks, i have yet another question for you, I'm not putting the flares on, think i should just sand down the little flare on the bottom? and should i be mounting a stud on the lower nose to pull it close to the fender, in the lower front of the fender?
S1052207.jpg

S1052206.jpg

I'm not sure I follow you. What lip are you talking about?
On the nose I put a brace from the lower fender where the original valence bolted and tied it over to the core support where the inner fender bolted on. I made to force the fenders to be rigid and where they would be tight against the nose. I don't know if it will work for you but that helped mine fit without any studs.
72_08_08_09_9_31_36.jpg

Attachments

• Fender brace.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 15
sorry, confusing, the fender flare lip on the lower nose i wanted to make it flush with the stock fenders, yes that is a great idea i will borrow it from ya!

so you don't want the fender flares? I think it has been done. Here is a pic of an E-vert where they didn't use the fender flares and blended the nose to the original fender

Attachments

• E-vert.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 27
I sanded the clear off the existing Kandy Apple Cobalt Blue. I also put a door skin on the driver's side it was made by Charlie and it was the first part made by him that fit pretty good, im on the fence with these side scoops i was thinking of using, what you think? No side scoops- these side scoops-or 67 side scoops??
IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

S1052069.jpg

well I used Elly scoops but I do like the Shelby scoop. I think if your doing the front/rear FG you need the scoops but that's just me...
has all that snow melted? I have to go to Wisconsin next week.

Re: Re: 1968 Coupe WDT

"tarafied1" said:
well I used Elly scoops but I do like the Shelby scoop. I think if your doing the front/rear FG you need the scoops but that's just me...
has all that snow melted? I have to go to Wisconsin next week.

+1 I think you need the scoop.

Craig, the snow should be gone by next week. It was in the 50s today and the same for the next few days.

sent from my HTC Droid using tapatalk.

Those look pretty slick. A little less noticeable, more blended in .

sent from my HTC Droid using tapatalk.

It's been 20 degrees here, since i can't FG i wasted my life making these gauges.... give me some feedback on um :shrug
S1050006.jpg

S1050005.jpg

S1050010.jpg

Thanks! still need a bit 'o work, lol, i made everything from scratch, bought some Vinyl and carved it,The local decal shop said anything under 3'' looks like bigfoots crotch :wtf, the tach was a sunpro super tach, now i have to find glass w/o the chrome nipples on um :shrug a 67 fuel gauge, and a clock, never ending circle....of life :shee

Back