• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 Coupe WDT

looking good (not the carb, the floor!) and I'm in Chicago this week it is way too cold for humans to survive! Why do people live up here!?!?

Agreed!, it costs 500$ every 2 months to heat the pig shop, the gas ran out for 1 day it changed temp from 60 to around 20 degrees SUPRISE!! but it makes you feel more manlier working with snot frozen to your face. :hide, suprisingly the hardest thing i have done on the car was today cutting the front leaf eyes out PITA :guns Torch,Snow,Cutoff wheel=2-3 Hours of :shee
S1052032.jpg

S1052017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"S8NS 289" said:
... it makes you feel more manlier working with snot frozen to your face. ...
and when you cut your self, which you will do, it doesn't hurt until many hours later when you go inside to wash up and finally thaw. Then you find where all that blood came from :censored

and the progresss is awesome!

got the painted 8'' ready, my plans are 3.80s and Trac Loc, but thats later and undercoated the back of the car, next couple days i will get the rest undercoated, I also pulled off the hood hinge panel in the engine bay thats next after i get it undercoated.
S1052049.jpg

S1052042.jpg

S1052048.jpg

brushed on POR 15 under floor, and interior,ran out of fresh air but made a patch for the front shock tower, tommorrow will be a raptor day.
S1052073.jpg

S1052071.jpg

S1052069.jpg

S1052068.jpg

I hope!!! Just test drove a 2011 GT Motivation boost... the only thing i need is a trans- i'll find one in a junk yard, just got done putting my CHEAP-O sound deadener..... its cheap. Menards special.

S1052077.jpg

WOW! You have made alot of great progress, that looks really GOOD.
I am a bit lazy and would have back 1/2'd that, lol. To much rust for me.

Keep up the great pics, lookin good. :part

Progress looks great. What is the purpose/significance of the blue colored coil springs pictured with the rear-end?

I was waiting for someone to ask about the coil springs, the older guy that sold it to me said he painted them for luck... i copied him, i need all the luck i can get. I know it looks goofy, i said the same when i bought it. ''They are LUCKY!'', he said. he has passed away and this is my homage to him.

Thanks for the compliments! FINALLY got this pig undercoated, My next build WILL have a rotisserie....
S1052092.jpg

S1052094.jpg

"S8NS 289" said:
I was waiting for someone to ask about the coil springs, the older guy that sold it to me said he painted them for luck... i copied him, i need all the luck i can get. I know it looks goofy, i said the same when i bought it. ''They are LUCKY!'', he said. he has passed away and this is my homage to him.
I think Dave was asking about the purpose rather than the color choice. Are they "helper" springs?

sorry been busy, I thought they were stock :wth but my old man said they were probably put in to add an inch of lift in the back..

If you put on new rear leaf springs, I doubt you will need the blue coils. I would leave them off and see how it sits.

Back