• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

"lethal289" said:
:censored 2600 RPM at 105mph... Thats great! :thu

Hmm....I would say something is a bit off. Unless he is running those 33" bogger tires.

Take care you all and drive safely.
Don't let the wheather spoil the groups spirit.
Enjoy it and I expect alot of pictures !!! :thu :thu :thu

Made it to the GM Proving Grounds, after a slow drive in. Perfect weather for something like this. WOW so many cars, of course that's what this is all about. Here's a few pictures.
a6895826-6361-6ec6.jpg

a6895826-6395-f21c.jpg

a6895826-63ac-ea1a.jpg

It was a great first day! Awesome to meet Jerry and his wife as well as Larry's wife. The rain held off until we were leaving.
I took about 1300 pictures today, so much cool stuff. On the way out of the prooving grounds they routed us over various test tracks, that was pretty fun too. I wonder if Jerry got the anti-Eleanor up on the 45 degree banking!

Great Day! My legs are killing me right now. I tried to look at every car, carry bags of swag, photograph every car I liked....on and on. Too many cars! I got an autographs and pics with Vic Edelbroc, owner of Mother's, and the president of NPD. They were all very obliging. I recognized all three from watching Overhaulin, Hot Rod TV and shows from previous Power Tours.

Yes, the drive out of the GM Proving Grounds was most interesting. I tried to get up on the banking but we were bumper to bumper leaving, so no room for blasting around. It also was raining and my car does not hook up at all when wet! (my service truck does'nt either)

Nice meeting Craig and Larry, super nice as were there wives. Tomorrow is our first day to cruise as a group, will see how that goes. Its not a GPS kinda thing. Must follow a predetermined route so that we go through Hot Rod mags marketing plan??

Anyways, great fun and everyone is very thumbs up friendly here in Michigan.

"kb3" said:
Hmm....I would say something is a bit off. Unless he is running those 33" bogger tires.

Not bogger tires. Actually running about 80 mph? I changed the rear gears from 4:11 to 3:80 and tried to set the speedometer and failed in my efforts. Its off! Will try again when I can find a measurable exact two miles needed to set electronic speedo.

Vic is staying in the same hotel as we are, My wife and I had breakfast with him (sorta). We were at the table next to him. We did mingle with him a little bit. I didn't tell him I have a Holley Carb though...

Lining up for the start of this thing they call the Power Tour, sure is a LOT of power here. I was wondering why this drivers meeting was 1 1/2 hrs long.

a6895831-517f-66e8.jpg

a6895831-519c-7823.jpg

a6895831-51b1-dd18.jpg

Good luck to all of you guys and gals on the tour. Larry, you sound like you are going to have the time of your life. Enjoy and HAPPY MOTORING.

Yeah we're having a great time, my wife calls it our next big adventure. Wish you all were here. Just finished having dinner with Craig and Tara at Old Boys Brewhouse in Spring Lake , Michigan, I needed an adult beverage.

6024309a-079c-6507.jpg

6024309a-07af-5bf9.jpg
. That's Tarafied

6024309a-07c7-38fd.jpg
Vic Edelbrock on the stage.

Back