• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

Dont forget your cameras...."FYI...next month (July CoTM) we will be doing the Stangfix Mustangs of the Hot Rod Power tour...so be sure and snap some pics of your car on the power tour route...just in case its a requirement..."

"tarafied1" said:
it will be cool to have a bunch of the Stangs together in TX, that will make a cool picture!
+1 Maybe the group pic can be Cars of the month?

Craig what day and time are y'all heading home?

we will probably start heading toward home after the long haul ceremony on Saturday. It will be a long drive so we might stop in Arkansas somewhere overnight.

Weather Channel forcast:
Friday 6/1 Russellville, KY. 68 degrees, 20% chance of rain
Saturday 6/2 Detroit, MI. 71 degrees, 30% chance of rain
Sunday 6/3 Muskeagon, MI. 73 degrees, 10% chance of rain
Monday 6/4 Champaign, IL. 83 degrees, 20% chance of rain
Tuesday 6/5 Madison, IL. 86 degrees, 10% chance of rain
Wednesday 6/6 Miami, OK. 87 degrees, 30% chance of rain
Thursday 6/7 Stillwater, OK. 87 degrees, 60% chance of rain
Friday 6/8 Arlington, TX. 92 degrees, 60% chance scattered T-storms

I had planned on staying in a hotel Thur & Fri night up there in Arlington, but I totally forgot about a car show that same weekend that I want to go to and take Gertrude. My car club friends are insisting I take her and put her in unfinished class. :Katcof It's a big deal around here in College Station... 2 day show Bluebonnet Rod Run car show on June 9 & 10th. This year they are doing the drawing to see who wins a restored 1951 Chevy truck. Yeah I bought raffle tickets for a Chevy truck. So sue me. :nut

Anyway, rain or shine, car show or not... I'm still going to Arlington! No way I'd miss this and the chance to meet some of you guys and see some bad a$$ cars. I'm just going to have to suffer and drive back home Friday night.

We need to try and set up a time in place to get everyone together, for drinks, food, photos, etc. The Power tour is winding up at the ball park in Grand Prairie (not Rangers ball park), QuickTrip park. There isnt much really close. North to Irving would probably have more restaurants.

Craig, your gonna wanna take your car to this address for a photo op

3901 Tara Drive, Colleyville, Texas

"Fast68back" said:
We need to try and set up a time in place to get everyone together, for drinks, food, photos, etc. The Power tour is winding up at the ball park in Grand Prairie (not Rangers ball park), QuickTrip park. There isnt much really close. North to Irving would probably have more restaurants.

That would be a great pic !!! I will vote for that pic as "cars of the month july " :thu :thu

"Fast68back" said:

Getting together would be awesome!
And is there anything there or just the street sign?

Registered and ready to go. Craig is somewhere in Ohio on his way to Metro Detroit, Coleman and his group are also on their way. Now if the weather would cooperate. raining off and on but it could be worse.

6b058acd-1762-7d6c.jpg

Se y'all Wednesday in Miami.

Okies do not like to say Miami with a long 'E' sound at the end but a short 'A'.

"Larry G" said:
Registered and ready to go. Craig is somewhere in Ohio on his way to Metro Detroit, Coleman and his group are also on their way. Now if the weather would cooperate. raining off and on but it could be worse.

6b058acd-1762-7d6c.jpg
WE MADE IT! Had dinner a a beer, now I feel better. Texted Coleman, he should be in Brighton by now if he's not in jail....
anyway, what's up with the weather? It was raining in Motor City last year too!

Attachments

• Coleman.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Detroit.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 87
"tarafied1" said:
WE MADE IT! Had dinner a a beer, now I feel better. Texted Coleman, he should be in Brighton by now if he's not in jail....
anyway, what's up with the weather? It was raining in Motor City last year too!

Craig glad you and Tara made it, that must have been one heck of a drive.
Hope Jerry and his group made to their Hotel, I'm sure he's happily resting after his long drive.
As for the weather, It seem like whenever there's big things happening around here (Power Tour and Detroit Grand Prix among other events) the weather does not cooperate. Last weekend the forecast was looking good but it didn't turn out that way. To bad we can't control the weather. Tomorrow should be better and Sunday will be better yet but no matter what, we'll have FUN!!!

Back