• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

So, one of you guys want to tow me behind you?

I am running out of time. All my free time has been tied up between a 2 year old and trying to get the house ready to put on the market.

I will get the car done even if I have to pay someone to finish it. Having the right time off is the issue now unlike last year. I had vacation that week and nothing to do because the car wasn't ready.

I have a trailer hitch for my 67, if you make a tow bar... :thu
I understand the family stuff, that comes first!

Re: Re: 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

"tarafied1" said:
I have a trailer hitch for my 67, if you make a tow bar... :thu
I understand the family stuff, that comes first!

That works. Since I have no front bumper now I can weld one right to the frame. Is it legal to ride in a car that's being towed?
a69362fd-fad9-03d5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

"RapidRabbit" said:
.... Is it legal to ride in a car that's being towed?
in Kentucky anything is legal, I don't know about other states :confu

Carla and I are booked for the Long Haul.

She booked hotels all day Sunday. We are leaving Thursday afternoon and spending the night in Cape Geradeau, MO. The on to Milford Friday. Suppose to be there at 9:00 am.

Taking the 67 Anti Ellenor, it should get 20+ mpg but I hope not!

Attachments

• ranchero.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 87
I think I'll be able to make the final stop. Probably not in the 69. If I drive the 11 I might go as far as stillwater.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I plan on at least going to Arlington. Hoping to drive the '66 but we'll see. Might just show up in my '03. It has A/C & a radio!

I was hoping to have AC this year too but I just don't have the funds. I guess I can suffer thru another HOT road trip!

My Hotels are booked! :steer

June 2nd Crowne Plaza NOVI

June 3rd Comfort Inn White Hall

June 4th Ramada Inn Urbana

June 5th Fairfield Collinsville

June 6th Buffalo Run Hotel Miami

June 7th Comfort Inn Perry OK

June 8th NYLO Arlington

That's pretty cool the count is up to 4 StangFix Long Haulers, with more to join in along the way. See what you started Craig.

Any idea about what time the cars will start showing up in Arlington? It's only going to take me a few hours to drive up there but I was thinking of going up Thursday, staying the night in a hotel that way I can take my sweet time Friday morning. :Katcof

The long haulers tend to roll in mid to late afternoon but the the vendors leave the night before or super early and will be there early morning. Locals show up early. It will be cars rolling in all day long. There are literally thousands and thousands of cars!

Hmm ok. Yeah I think I'll just make plans to drive up Thursday and hopefully find a hotel room for Thur night. If not, my brother in law lives in Ft Worth so no biggie.

It's going to be fun trying to find StangFixers in all those cars! :hide Well except for you Craig. No way I'd not recognize the e-coupe!

Back