• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'65 Fastback Build--Reassembly

I drove the car for the 1st time ever, went 10.1 miles. It ran flawlessly. I was expecting more issues to solve, but I'm not complaining! I didn't film it, so here's a couple updated pictures. BTW, the air cleaner is temporary until I can find one to fit under the hood.

c0d2e81f896522acc10a98f840747f77.jpg

311a38af8d96ddc7a9b95a73fd27c556.jpg

b41e2b9074b62038a71df4f86a391ae7.jpg

Last edited:
I can hear you now, just like that old Toyota commercial. After the ride i bet you got out and felt like this

From Infinity and beyond

Its a great feeling when you take your first drive. I still remember mine. Great job, car looks awesome. Now wipe that big ole grin off your face.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited to say the least. October 2004 is when I acquired her, so it has definitely been a long time coming. I still have some things to finish like door weatherstrip and some interior stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, the 10.1 miles is related to the 10.1 years? Looks great, how do you plan to get an air filter under the hood?

So, the 10.1 miles is related to the 10.1 years? Looks great, how do you plan to get an air filter under the hood?

No, that's just a coincidence. I'm going to try a drop base air cleaner. I also have a 3/8" spacer I can pull out. It's going to be close, but plenty of others have done it, so I know it's possible.

Congratz man.
Very nice job you did.:cool::cool:
1 year , 10 years , who cares.
As long as you have fun with it, driving or working on that beast.:D:D

A much needed update. I've put roughly 45 miles on the car now with 0 drivability issues. This week I redid my alignment. Previously I only had a magnetic adapter for my Longacre gauge, so I bought the aluminum wheel adapter. I reset the specs to -.5 degree camber and +2.0 degrees caster. Toe is 1/8" in. Having the adjustable uppers and strut rods makes it really easy.

832b4ea362f331d32a9fcdc2882353ff.jpg

f0409b9a130ef1a805aa66e988168f54.jpg

I also put the hood back on. I had to try several air cleaners and drop bases, but finally found one that fit with just under 1/2" hood clearance and plenty of throttle linkage clearance. I was able to keep the 3/8" wood spacer and also a 3" air filter.

f2074c1004fa40ee923f867d6d8b3b28.jpg

Finally, I installed a wideband O2 sensor and gauge. For under $200, I figured this would be the best way to tune. I won't be able to play with it until next week, but it's ready to go.

374953149a19b5c938ef356f565261c2.jpg

20a2a19494ecc15286c3180c33de1db9.jpg

So where is the video of it in motion? Hmmmmm? Really want to see this beast in action. Outstanding work, by the way. Must feel awesome to finally get to this point.

So where is the video of it in motion? Hmmmmm? Really want to see this beast in action. Outstanding work, by the way. Must feel awesome to finally get to this point.

Thanks, I'll mount my GoPro next time and grab some footage.

Long awaited update Ryan (though I have NO room to talk!). Glad to hear of your accomplishment, I know it's been a long time coming! So the nagging question is now, are we gonna see it at MBB this year?!

Great job!!

You'll most likely see me, but I really doubt the car. I'm just way to paranoid to take it on such a journey.
No worries, you know you have support available. ATL is only 6 hours from here...and I have a car trailer now if it wasn't easily repairable!

Back