• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'65 Fastback Build--Reassembly

I ran into some issues with my rocker arms and figuring pushrod length. I had bought Miller mid-lift rockers as they have a procedure for finding correct pushrod length, therefore providing optimum valve train geometry. Well, after many frustrating hours of set-up, their optimum geometry put the rocker arm too far inboard on the valve stem. I ordered a single Comp Cams rocker to compare and found the Miller rocker .050" too short. So, I ordered a new set of Comp Cams rockers, the correct pushrods, and everything is now right on.

Miller rocker sitting too far inboard:
satasetu.jpg

ysugyje4.jpg

Miller rocker .050" shorter than Comp:
jeme4aqu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am impressed! I am also interested in the headliner. The one piece looks awesome! I need to do mine and soon it will either be sold and no worries or I will have some extra money and I will do it.

So can you tell us how you did it and where you got it?

Mel

Quick update on the engine. It's just about ready to drop in. Today I checked the fit and runout of the scattershield. It centers right up, no offset dowels needed. The headers also fit with the scattershield, so no need to grind anything. The number 5 tube does barely touch a tab on the block, so I'll have to slightly clearance/dent that tube. Other than that, I'm real happy with the mock-up.

e4unehup.jpg

sepy3yra.jpg

yvequ4un.jpg

hyre3e6u.jpg

Nice ride you got there. I wasent originaly gunna go with the one peice headliner but that pic u posted has me thinking about the one peice headliner.

"Mach1Mark" said:
What brand of scatter shield you using?

It's a Mcleod, which I bought years ago. It's a heavy SOB. If I were buying one today, I'd get a Quick Time. They are much lighter and more compact, but still offer the same protection and certification.

"Drumr90" said:
Nice ride you got there. I wasent originaly gunna go with the one peice headliner but that pic u posted has me thinking about the one peice headliner.
The pictures of the blue one piece headliner on the lower left are of mine. I would do it again.

"janschutz" said:
"Drumr90" said:
The pictures of the blue one piece headliner on the lower left are of mine. I would do it again.

What lower left are you talking about all i saw in his pics from last page was of the headliner in the roof.

Mocked up the T5 to make sure it fits well. Input shaft spins nice and free inside the pilot bearing. The mounting holes in the T5 are drilled for metric(M12 I think) but the threads in the scattershield are 1/2"-13. I'm going to have to drill out the holes in the T5 for the 1/2" bolts.

5a2yma6a.jpg

H-pipe bolts up nicely and leaves plenty of room for the clutch fork and cable.

5anegybu.jpg

utarader.jpg

Next I'll install the flywheel, clutch, and starter. If that goes smoothly, then it's about time to drop this thing in.

What's been done to the T5 to help it survive behind that monster?

That exhaust set-up looks good. What is it?

The exhaust is JBA , all stainless. The T5 has an upgraded gear set from G-force transmissions. I'm hoping the weak link in my drivetrain is the tires.

"Mach1Mark" said:
Cool !! Cant wait to see more progress, youre inspiring me !!

Thanks Mark. Honestly, all the progress you made in the course of a few months really motivated me.

Back