• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

70_Fastback: RAT ROD - 193x Ford / 1942 GMC Truck

Floor it.....coast to next station.....repeat......make sure your credit card can be used more than 4 times a day....... I have never heard of a 460 getting anything in the mileage conversations.

I am having issues with my old 750cfm double pumper and my Dad has a brand new 600cfm holley he is lending me to use until I can get a new one. How will the 600 do on the 460? Going to totally kill it?

Remember, right now I am not looking for performance - just a driver.

Actually a 600cfm Holley came stock on alot of the 460 motors. That doesn't mean it is the ideal size for that much motor though....

It also depends on the mods done to the motor. If it is bone stock, then the 600ish carb would fit the bill. If you have it cammed and a different intake (which you do), you'd likely want to go higher. The heads in all honesty are the real chokers on these big beasts.

Took the maiden voyage last night!

It ain't no frickin cadillac to drive - but WAYYY cooler. Just tooling around the neighborhood I got tons of thumbs up and waves. Great feeling!

I think Rusty_70 may come over this afternoon to shoot some vid-yo for me.

The thumbs up are most likely cuz they think the late night noise is over....lol

Congrats on the first drive and it holding together.

My post cut off. I meant since you did it all yourself on the cheap you could make a nice profit and build some more! Kidding, my man. Kidding.

Back