• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

70_Fastback: RAT ROD - 193x Ford / 1942 GMC Truck

It's all plumbed up - full brakes & fuel. I am SOOO close to driving it. Just need to finish fab'ing the accelerator pedal, rod & linkage.

A few pics of past updates:

Started the sheet metal flooring. I am doing large rosette welds to somewhat replicate rivets.
26-220811112605.jpeg

And I "patina-ed" the bed and & structure, as well as the gas tank:
26-220811112628.jpeg

That is the old school float type mechanical fuel gauge IN the tank. NO guage in the cab. I fab'd the adapter plate for the gauge to tank fitting. Very industrial.
26-220811112645.jpeg

Old junk yard filler neck - cut up, rebent and welded up. With a cool support...
26-220811112659.jpeg

"70_Fastback" said:
That is the old school float type mechanical fuel gauge IN the tank. NO guage in the cab. I fab'd the adapter plate for the gauge to tank fitting. Very industrial.
26-220811112645.jpeg

I'm sure I missed it somewhere else, but what does that warning label on the tank say?

"Fast68back" said:
All that work and effort and you punk out and buy a shifter off the shelf...WTF
+1

I thought one of the only mandatory requirements of a rat rod was some kind of funky homemade shifter.

"70_Fastback" said:
It's just a stock 460. How bad can it be....? :confu

Hmmm....they can be pretty bad. How long is your driveway? You might not be able to get out onto the street with a full tank of gas before running out.

Back