• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone looking to get rid of $105k??

Perseverance I guess.

If he's on his 3rd one, I wonder how he gets around the licensing requirement since he is clearly building them for sale and profit?

Maybe, when they inquire, he does the parachute in the backyard trick and the officials just shake their heads and walk out.....

"mustangstofear" said:
There is NO LAW against building these cars, he buys the bodykit from us. Rich.
Not something i'd openly claim. his panel fitments looks like ass.

He's such a DB!!! Notice that white tent the car resides in? A few of us drove past his house with that white tent in the driveway. To buy a car for that amount which is rebuilt in his driveway tent makes me :barf1

"lethal289" said:
Not something i'd openly claim. his panel fitments looks like ass.
I don't know where you get your information from as to why you think It is illegal to make fiberglass, may you would like to explain? Nick is a very nice christian man and is doing a very good job. Seems like it OK to bash and make fun of someone on this forum as long as you are not a member. But if you are a thin skinned individual all hell breaks out, appears to be 2 sets of rules here. Rich.

"mustangstofear" said:
I don't know where you get your information from as to why you think It is illegal to make fiberglass, may you would like to explain? Nick is a very nice christian man and is doing a very good job. Seems like it OK to bash and make fun of someone on this forum as long as you are not a member. But if you are a thin skinned individual all hell breaks out, appears to be 2 sets of rules here. Rich.

Rich,
On Nicks earlier builds his work was "very questionalbe". An example being a rear end rebuild. He posted pics of the rebuilt rear end but the pumpkin bolts still had the original thick muck and dirt on them. I questioned this fact and his response was that they "rebuilt the rear end through the axle tubes". In good faith i was trying to warn him that there is something up as he got it rebuilt by a 3rd party company. He more or less told us all to shut up.

Nick used to post this build threads on VMF and the E-forum but both were removed. When questioned about his builds some of his comments were
not very christian as he was "getting some" and none of us were. I know he is a good customer of yours but myself and the other users have the right to question wheather a car built in a tent is worth $105k. Maybe it is but i have my opinion.

I try not to engage with Nick regarding his builds as any time anyone has in the past it ends up getting removed from the forum. He likes to show everyone his work but he doesn't take constructive criticism very well.

I take my hat off to him if he can sell that car for $105k but I laugh at anyone that is foolish enough to buy it.

Look what Classic Recreations offers for another $14k.....Another $20k in upgraded parts and a car built by professionals.

I don't think the comments were towards making fiberglass.....more towards the fact that he is building multiple cars for sale in his driveway. I do not know the Ca. laws, but there could be something not correct about that.

Also, is was documented in either his first or second car build about how he used expanding foam ( :gs ) to fill gaps under the panels. That stuff is not good in cars.

As with anyone here....he has been questioned when things looked odd. He chooses where to post at and his comments in the past did not reflect his Christian background.

Nick, Has come along way in his builds, and is improving on everyone. My dad used to say ONLY A FOOL DOESN'T LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES !!!! I would think most people would be inspired by a guy building a car under a tent. where you build a car doesn't reflect the quality it. That would be like telling me who has won about every award except the Riddler that I could not build a car in a tent. I remember one time when my dad painted a car in a CHICKEN COOP. and you could hold the dirt in your eye that was in the paint job. Rich.

Maybe he has improved some in his builds, But from the posted pictures of it he still has a ways to go.
As his blog states, 40k put into the build so that leaves 65k for his time.
The lack of detail in the work done alone would not make me open my checkbook to buy it.
But there is someone out there that will just because it has some bling to it.

"mustangstofear" said:
My dad used to say ONLY A FOOL DOESN'T LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES !!!!

That was the point in my earlier post. In the past when people pointed out his mistakes he would tell them to get lost so i dont see how he is learning from this.

"Johnny M" said:
That was the point in my earlier post. In the past when people pointed out his mistakes he would tell them to get lost so i dont see how he is learning from this.
I think I remember something about that. If you post pictures you should be ready for constructive critique. Nick might take it the wrong way. I always try to help him out , he really is a nice guy, we had a good time when him and his wife came out. Rich.

"mustangstofear" said:

I never said anything about it being illegal, and honestly, i couldn't care less. Nick has a long history around here, and theres posts that go back a while. You can look for them. Seems to me that maybe you are the one being thin skinned over this, seeing as you have a personal attachment to Nick and all. My comments wern't ment to bash your fiberglass. In fact from the things i've read your product appears top notch versus whats on the market.

On a side note, wasn't Nick the reason pete got his lifetime ban? :nut

"lethal289" said:
On a side note, wasn't Nick the reason pete got his lifetime ban? :nut

Yep....and I think he is banned under a couple of names.....but I gave up following that side of things. Didn't even know he was still doing cars until this came up.

If I had 40k to put into any vehicle... I'd rather buy a huge garage with a lift and fancy paint booth first. That's just me though! :part

You guys are just jealous cause he "gets it" and ...all the time.

Nick is finally closing on a hose in about 2 months and it has a large 2 car garage. I would not say I'm thin skinned, I am the type of person that will stand up for a friend or even a total stranger if I feel an injustice. Rich.

Back