• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone looking to get rid of $105k??

hm, I'll be quite honest(which I'm always honest btw), I don't even know the guy or anything about him other than what ya'll are saying. If the car comes out looking like it does in his blog/ad, it's an awesome looking re-creation! As with any thing for that kind of money, I'd think one would be picky(for lack of better words), however from a business perspective~ gotta start somewhere and give some respect for trying to make his nitch. Like anything for sale, someone will buy his product and probably be quite happy(I'd hope)~ even from under a "white tent". If someone has 100k + to spend, then money isn't an issue. If I had that kind of money and wanted a classic~ it'd drive me crazy cominig up with what would make me "happy"! I'd probably go to Barrent Jackson and find something or not.

I suppose what has made me happy, is putting together my own car, knowing every nook n cranny about it, vs someone just buying a reproduction and driving it. I would think there'd be little reward to self. I have a friend that owns a Cobra replica which is awesome and wins trophies at every event he takes it to, but he didn't do it! he bought it that way! Where's the fun?

One more thing~ If I were a potential buyer for the guy in question regarding Mustangs that he's building~ I'd want to see it from beginning to end in its assembly and have photo documentation of everything.

"Dne'" said:
If someone has 100k + to spend, then money isn't an issue. If I had that kind of money and wanted a classic~ it'd drive me crazy cominig up with what would make me "happy"! I'd probably go to Barrent Jackson and find something or not.

If I had that kind of money to spend on 'toys' with 4 wheels... there's no way I could buy just one car! I'd buy several $10-20,000 cars instead..one of each of my favorite cars. :thu

I agree Kat, but darn, then have to buy another home with a really nice garage to store 'em all! :wor Then on a day to day basis~ hmm, what shall I drive today~!!! :yah

"Kats66Pny" said:
If I had that kind of money to spend on 'toys' with 4 wheels... there's no way I could buy just one car! I'd buy several $10-20,000 cars instead..one of each of my favorite cars. :thu

I already have plans drawn out for my dream garage just incase I ever hit the lottery. :thu

dreamgarage.jpg

This is just one version. The 'cheap' version. LOL The expensive version is twice the size that would allow more cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
"mustangstofear" said:
I would not say I'm thin skinned, I am the type of person that will stand up for a friend or even a total stranger if I feel an injustice. Rich.

That's fair. You're knowledge of him is based on a business relationship. The numerous remarks made in this topic are in regard to our collective knowledge of him over the past few years, on several forums, wherein Nick exposed himself as using some very poor restoration techniques and an extremely confrontational attitude when confronted with those techniques. Although the use of Great Stuff is undeniably a poor technique, his behavior/attitude is what many here found objectionable.

"sigtauenus" said:
That's fair. You're knowledge of him is based on a business relationship. The numerous remarks made in this topic are in regard to our collective knowledge of him over the past few years, on several forums, wherein Nick exposed himself as using some very poor restoration techniques and an extremely confrontational attitude when confronted with those techniques. Although the use of Great Stuff is undeniably a poor technique, his behavior/attitude is what many here found objectionable.

:thu :thu :thu

Rich,

Be VERY careful with Nick. As others have stated, he's "just not right". We all (most of us anyway) tried guiding Nick with sound restoration practices and at every opportunity he would either ignore us or retaliate with juevenile behavior.

Example #1: He installed sound-deadener throughout the interior panels of a car.... before he disassembled the car! Since the tail-light panel on this car was removed, we suggested that he slow down the installation of the sound-deadener in the trunk area until after the replacement tail panel had been welded into place. He completely ignored our suggestions and then weeks later commented on the gooie mess that melted sound-deadener made.

Example #2: He "detailed the engine compartment" with rattle can Krylon without first removing the original gas pedal linkage, wiring harness, and other easily removable items. We all made comments asking why he would do this and again we were all placed on "ignore".

Example #3: He installed roller lifters on a hydraulic camshaft... or vice-versa.... I forget.

There are a 1000 other examples.

I think what it came down to was his attitude. He came off as "all knowing". The reality of it is that he knows nothing. If just one time he came out and said "thanks for the advice guys, I almost screwed that up!" it would have gone a long way with the Mustang community that he was trying to impress. He had no problems boasting to the penny how much money he'd spent.... instead of "I'm going to use the TCP R&P setup because of their quality"... he'd make comments like "I decided to use the TCP R&P setup. It costs $1699.82 (plus S&H), but I only want to use the best possible parts available." ... and then he'd post pictures of it half-arse installed.... while he was "detailing the undercarriage"... with a wire wheel.

The final straw with me was when I actually took the time to checkout his "blog"... and noticed a picture of the Ecar I built... that he was claiming to potential buyers was a car that he had previously built and sold. I PM'd him and asked him to kindly remove the picture of my sons car from his web page and he flatout refused. He said it was an accurate representation of his car and he saw no harm in using it.

How would you like to see one of your cars on his web ad page? A car that you built.. that he was trying to pass off to potential buyers as one of his own?

Lastly,

Mr. Shelby has made it perfectly clear to anyone paying attention that if you (or anyone else) profit from one of his trademarks, he will cease and desist and ultimately sue you into oblivion. While Nick's ventures are "small scale", he is still building Mustang GT500 "clones" for profit.... and isn't even smart enough to call them "GT500N"s (the N in this case standing for "Nick"). I'm confident that Nick's (along with others) "tent of cards" will come crumbling down upon him. Fortunately for Nick he has "zero to none" assets that he could potentially lose, but without an LLC the ownership of this new house that he's supposedly moving into would quickly revert back to the bank.

"daveSanborn" said:
There are a 1000 other examples.

Dont forget about the roll bar that was half tacked into place with horrible welds and was "good enough because he did'nt intend for it to be functional." If somebody ever uses that thing for its intended purpose, they will be dead.

"mustangstofear" said:
Well, it looks like the most intelligent reply's come from the women :wor. Good job ladies. Rich.

You must be his brother. Ignoring the well written, informative, documented posts.

To each his own.

Nick has made some enemies in the past because he has refused to listen to good sound advice, But to keep running this poor guy in the ground is wrong. Rich.

I still enjoy his videos such as:

His attempt yesterday in firing up his tented Ely with no success. Well geeze, with the car nosed up on jack stands how the heck can you expect gas to run uphill to the motor?

Gravity!! is not helping you Nickster. :skul

1968 Eleanor Shelby GT500 First Start Attempt, 427W

Looks like he deleted the parachute and running in place videos......aw shucks :shrug

That's what Gertrude is probably going to sound like after the motor is removed and reinstalled. Everyone tells me it won't.. I'm just being paranoid. :shrug I know my luck is and sure she starts up fine now, but if that motor gets pulled out, I have a bad feeling when it goes back in, it won't ever start again. LOL

you will be fine, just as long as it goes back in. Just don't pull the motor, feel overwhelmed and give up. Other then that, the collective minds around this place will help you get it running again.

Back