• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Celebrity Deathwatch THE GAME

There can only be one.

Rip Mr bond
8effcc6f65946639fc4e85ec985dcb20.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Agree, THE James Bond

One of my favorite actors of all time. Looking at a list of his movies jogs the memory bank of how many real good movies he starred/co-starred in outside of his JB role.

RIP Sir

John

We have lost The Toecutter - Hugh Keans-Byrne from Mad Max 1 (or whatever they called it in the USA) & Stone. I just read that he was also in Mad Max 4 Fury road

" If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing." CY

Allen

I worked for AC-Delco in field sales back in the day and Yeager was a spokesperson. My favorite story was him not wanting to read the script off a teleprompter.... he insisted that the grip stand off to the side and he'd read right off the script. 8 1/2 x 11 with 10 pt type. He read it from better than 8 feet away. I don't remember what they said his eyesight was but it was probably better than 20/10.
Lots of other stories but that was my #1....

Yeager became an ace in one mission. Got shot down and fought with the Spanish partisans. Broke the sound barrier as a test pilot, Serve in Korea and Vietnam. By all acoounts he was a genuinely nice guy.

He truly was larger than life.

Sad to hear about Charley Pride passing. I met him one time when I was teenager pumping gas at a Nashville gas station in the 70's, when he was the height of stardom. He pulls in his big Cadillac and jumps out and starts chatting like we were old friends. Stood there and talked for about ten minutes. I can honestly say he may be the nicest man I ever met.

Edit: Forgot to add Rest in Peace. He always seemed peaceful in life so I feel sure his rest will be the same.

Last edited:
Back