• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Childhood memory

WOW, what? You guys are old. I had to google half that stuff to figure out what you were talkin' about!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

I used to love the hulk when I was growing up. Then the Fall guy in the eighties. I think the first movies I remember in theater were Popeye and puff the magic dragon.

I used to love the A team as well. I am not looking forward to the A team movie coming out with Rampage Jackson as Mr T.

So we are talking about daytime television shows. In my adolescence I was a night owl and watched many Friday and Saturday late night shows. Any one remember Fractured Flickers with Hans Conried? Or Elvira mistress of the dark. There was another late night show with host that played scifi and creepy type movies. Don't know if it was a local show. The Avengers was on late night IIRC. Emma Peel yum. :craz fd

Anyone remember the first season of SNL where Henson had some muppets from a distant planet? The Mighty Pavad (sp?), Scrad, et-al??

"silverblueBP" said:
Anyone remember the first season of SNL where Henson had some muppets from a distant planet? The Mighty Pavad (sp?), Scrad, et-al??
For some reason the 'ole memory is a little fuzzy around that time period and being Saturday night sure doesn't help. :kaid

"RyanG85" said:
A-Team, Fall Guy and even MacGyver were also some favorites

+1 to all the above mentioned and Knight Rider also. I can recall when Knight Rider came on I watched the first episode thinking it would be like the Dukes of Hazard and was a little disappointed in it for the most part.

When I was a kid, the Dukes of Hazard was the one show I never missed along with Cowboy's games.

Knight Rider was also in the lineup, like you, I was hoping it would've been more like the dukes....

Cowboy's games? :barf :barf :barf :barf :barf :barf :barf :barf :barf :barf

"silverblueBP" said:
I'm surprised you OLD guys haven't mentioned how you miss the original Charlie Chaplin movies :eek:mg

I actually bought a DVD set of his movies. One has to be impressed with the action that guy did HIMSELF with no fake cartoons (computer animation).

Also watch "The General" . It is one of his best.

The old silent movies are quite impressive considering all the stunts were not faked nor close up trickery. Harold Loyd standing on the ledge of a building WAS standing on the ledge of a building. These guys were great.

yeah!! wheres my beer?? It'll take more than one to get me to shut up tho.

put your big boy panties on and get rid of the :shy :sad

oh.. heres my list.
Fall Guy, BJ and the Bear, A-Team, Dukes of Hazard, Night Court, Alf, MacGyver, Knight Rider, Quantum Leap, 3's Company, Fraggle Rock, CHiPs, Greatest American Hero and Carol Burnett reruns. During the day I watched Young and the Restless with my mom. lol

I lived overseas when I was a kid for almost 3 years so I missed out on a lot of good shows when I was little. I had a lot of catching up to do when we moved back!!

"n_pieces" said:
yeah!! wheres my beer?? It'll take more than one to get me to shut up tho.

put your big boy panties on and get rid of the :shy :sad

n_piecs, who are you raggin' on?

I snuck in to the R rated first run viewing of the movie MASH at the South Pasadena Rialto when I was in 7th grade.

I remember some monster movie theater that was on Saturday nights before Elvira with some weird guy I was about 10-11 years old, I wish I could remember his name. he showed some real bad "B" movies. It wasn't good old Bob though.

I remember the Flying Nun and Dobie Gillis. I watched reruns of Dobie though. I liked Gilligan's Island and it was cool to watch Manard G. Crebbs on Dobie...

How about Kimba or Speed Racer on Channel 52 UHF? I watched those when I was little. When I was 5 or so I watch Jerry Mahoney in color none the less. We were rich we had 2 TVs, one color and one BW.

Mel

"KBMWRS" said:
Also watch "The General" . It is one of his best.

Dude, that's Buster Keaton.

Fantastic silent movie with awesome stunts. I recommend everyone see it.

Back