• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cool New Tool Thread

Dragging around Hobby Lobby I spotted a "Cricut Maker" on clearance. Being superceded by newer model. Been eyeing these things for years and snagged it. Not sure if it qualifies as a tool but the primary reason I want it now is to replace some damaged vinyl decals on my enduro bike. Once my wife figured out what I had she compiled a list of girl stuff she wants done. If I can ever get a handle on vector graphics. First dirt bike decals came out with incorrect proportions. Working on that. I found out you can cut out your own balsa airplanes with one of these. Might have to look into that non-tool purpose. :)

Dragging around Hobby Lobby I spotted a "Cricut Maker" on clearance. Being superceded by newer model. Been eyeing these things for years and snagged it. Not sure if it qualifies as a tool but the primary reason I want it now is to replace some damaged vinyl decals on my enduro bike. Once my wife figured out what I had she compiled a list of girl stuff she wants done. If I can ever get a handle on vector graphics. First dirt bike decals came out with incorrect proportions. Working on that. I found out you can cut out your own balsa airplanes with one of these. Might have to look into that non-tool purpose. :)
an older version of one of these thingies?
1684929166493.png

Yeah, like a "Maker 1" I guess. The difference being mainly that a 3 can use their proprietary "smart" vinyl which I have no interest in using. $150. I just discovered Dollar Tree sells vinyl at a substantially lower price. Also that it works OK but is rather thinner than the brand name stuff. I've used it to cut some actual heavy vinyl wrap for automotive use. Which they don't really have a setting for. (Stupid girly machine.)

Almost had a new tool to show :(. Bought a new 60v Dewalt grinder. Brought it home and charged the fancy battery, which is different from the normal 20v batteries. Had an extra notch, the 60v will work on the 20v but not the old 20v batts on the 60v tools :rolleyes:.

After charging, found out the tool was DOA. Didn't do anything when you pressed the trigger. Tested the battery in other tools, it worked fine.

Shame as a Want a cordless grinder, they didn't have any others in stock. Also, thinking about a 20v ratchet and circular saw. They just don't have many good sales going on right now.

Milwaukee collection bulking up. I had an adventure with the RV a bit out of town with a low tire from a valve stem that came loose. I caught it but had to air it up with some jiggery involving a cigarette lighter type inflator, some jumper wires, and an M18 battery with two dimes shoved in it. It worked but felt silly. So when a local tool guy said PLEASE buy some of this excess Milwaukee stuff he had loaded up on it wasn't hard to tempt me.

I wasn't initially thrilled with it being M12 but it's OK. It does take the best part of a full charge to go from flat to full with pickup truck tire. But most of the time I just want to top tires up. I won't miss dragging an air tank around, filling it, etc. This is pretty light. Has a digital dash on it that reads whatever the pressure is and has you set it to the target pressure. Press the Go button and walk way. Pretty slick. When I take it out of town I'll have a spare battery. Kind of a short hose on it, maybe that won't be an issue though.
Here it is at Northern Tool, almost as cheap I got mine for, https://www.northerntool.com/produc...ess-compact-tire-inflator-model-2475-20-64457

That is pretty awesome. One of those tools you don't think about until you're stuck needing air.

I nabbed a few new tools today. They were on a decent sale. Been wanting a cordless circular saw to cut some plywood to put down in the attic.

Also, nabbed a grinder so I can have it to work on installing the rear 3 link from Shaun. I'll most likely have to clearance the rear GW frame connectors

Attachments

• PSX_20230606_121945.jpg
    PSX_20230606_121945.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 5
  • PSX_20230606_121931.jpg
    PSX_20230606_121931.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 5
I picked up a couple new items in the past week.

First is a rechargeable tire inflator. I like the portability of not having cords or cigarette lighter adapters. Also it has a digital pressure reading to set with modes for tires, balls, inflatable etc. Works well.

Secondly I finally upgraded to a new electric pressure. Greenworks 2300 psi.
I don't really have a need for a gas one.

My old one was only 1600 psi and was pretty old. The new one works so much better and I also grabbed a foam cannon for washing the cars.
bc5845b3431977e99b1920ba4a7167a6.jpg
8eca7f08b14143b2f31328cd4d7380fb.jpg
8b740f5f7b7688b2597a8a82d9612d0c.jpg
c5f592207962ad874aced72a677c89c9.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Been thinking about getting an electric pressure washer. Looked a few reviews but haven't gone further then that.

Been thinking about getting an electric pressure washer. Looked a few reviews but haven't gone further then that.
I've been researching them for a while now. This one kept coming up in the top of the mid range price points. I paid about $250 on sale.

It's not going to strip paint or anything, but it works great on cleaning concrete and siding and of course the cars too.

I also used it to strip this chair.

My 1 complaint so far is that it takes about 3-4 seconds to build pressure each time you release and pull the trigger.
49e086b8aef8947545a5bac3238db9d6.jpg
18765943f3da7326a1ccb296b64ea315.jpg
56a24385a5caa22fb69517a9e3d1bbad.jpg
76fb6d531f92cba602de30a88390b306.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Just bought a Greenworks electric pressure washer from Costco. My son said it’s much better than the Kartcher that I gave away.

Why electric over gas for the pressure washer? Genuine question. I'm not seeing the benefit.

You don’t need to buy fuel.
You don’t need to prep it for winter.
I can see the attraction, just not for me.
Yet a mid-level gas pressure washer will get you twice the max pressure and move at least twice the volume of water. For the same or less investment. Plus, you're not dealing with electric power cords in a very wet environment. I don't get the appeal. Maybe I'm still missing something. I don't do anything as far as winterizing mine. Don't even drain remaining fuel. Fires up every time I go to use it without an issue.

Yet a mid-level gas pressure washer will get you twice the max pressure and move at least twice the volume of water. For the same or less investment. Plus, you're not dealing with electric power cords in a very wet environment. I don't get the appeal. Maybe I'm still missing something. I don't do anything as far as winterizing mine. Don't even drain remaining fuel. Fires up every time I go to use it without an issue.
Not everyone has climate controlled storage for their toys Ritchie.

An attached garage now counts as climate controlled storage facility? Alrighty then!

Did some more reading. I guess if you want something more akin to a coin op, manual car spray wash one of those electric units might just be a better option. I'm still a hose and bucket hand wash dude...but maybe

I've long lost interest in the care and feeding of multiple small engines around the place and have found a smallish electric pressure washer does everything I need. Bonus I can ignore it for a year or two and it's still ready to go.

Had an issue in the RV where a tire went down and I needed to air it up. A "lighter socket" type compressor is kind of a drag to use when the lighter socket is 30 feet from the problem tire. I worked around it but the annoyance of it stuck with me.

Tool guy said PLEASE buy some of this Milwaukee stuff I have way too much of. One of these caught my eye.

I LIKE it. Lightweight, goes anywhere, not tethering wire. Automatic, punch in what PSI you want and walk off while it works. Might have to retire my old gawky air tanks, always disliked the things anyway. Batteries I already have so no issue there. Took almost a full charge of one smaller one to bring a pickup sized tire up from 2 psi to 36. Not too bad. Got way too many vehicles, plus bicycles and such so I expect to work this thing out. I already made sure it can handle the higher pressures the RV tires take and you can bet next time it goes out this inflator will be on board.

There's a bigger M18 version for $50 more but I can't see how it would be any better for me. It's about twice as big and no doubt heavier.

I gave up on finding a quality full set. The few that are of good quality break the bank. I now just buy them individually as needed. I do have a complete set of thread chasing pieces, though. Different than a standard tap, they are used to, well, clean up existing threaded holes. Never use a regular tap for that as it can make things worse if not really careful.

I completely agree. I need to get a thread restorer, there's a really nice set at work that I want to get one for the home shop. Wasn't too expensive I thought when I previously looked.

Luckily on my bolt, it threaded on few threads so I wasn't too concerned with the die cutting them wrong.

I managed to snag the complete tap and die sets from a gov auction years back. Theres some good deals to be had but some of the newer tool sets go for some money

Back