• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gertrude is on the road again!!

"janschutz" said:
Looks like you need to tub these out and cut/shorten your rear!

I thought her rear was OK the it is....

To Pete - Hehehehehe very good!

Oh, you owe me a new monitor.....

Mel

Make them take those wrong-size Hopsters back...

16 x 7 with a 4" BS is a STOCK Hopster size. Get 4 of those, mount 205/55/16 on the front and 225/50/16 on the rear and call it a day. No hassle, no fuss.

I'm a little partial to the Hopsters too. Here's mine, circa 2003 - one of the 1st sets built - 17x8 w custom BS.
042703007.jpg

I don't see a short skirt , high heels nor a bag of money. :roll

Congrats Kat....Ya done good. :thu :thu :thu :thu

Congratulations Kat. It's a great feeling to get your car rolling under you under it's own power. I'm with Randy, I figure you got a smile from ear to ear!

I did have a huge ear to ear grin, until people started ticking me off and not listening to me. First it was the first alignment shop, then it's the tire shop. What do I know.. I'm just a woman and obviously I know nothing about my car. Whatever. :censored'em. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the shop and see with my own eyes where/how much rubbing and then go see if the tire shop will let me trade the tires for different sizes. Maybe try the 205/60 for fronts and 225/60 rears but who knows if those will work on the 15x10 rears. :shrug

I don't know if they'll take back the wheels. They might exchange them and give store credit. Maybe they'll take back the 15x10s (they are used from a trade in from another customer) and order some 15x8s. They have another (2) 15x7's that are brand new in stock. :confu

"Kats66Pny" said:
I did have a huge ear to ear grin, until people started ticking me off and not listening to me. First it was the first alignment shop, then it's the tire shop. What do I know.. I'm just a woman and obviously I know nothing about my car. Whatever. :censored'em. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the shop and see with my own eyes where/how much rubbing and then go see if the tire shop will let me trade the tires for different sizes. Maybe try the 205/60 for fronts and 225/60 rears but who knows if those will work on the 15x10 rears. :shrug

I don't know if they'll take back the wheels. They might exchange them and give store credit. Maybe they'll take back the 15x10s (they are used from a trade in from another customer) and order some 15x8s. They have another (2) 15x7's that are brand new in stock. :confu

ya that's BS, I would make them take the rear wheels back and get the 15x7 that are in stock

Keep telling yourself that others think you know nothing and you will soon believe it, female or not. lol The thing about that is you pay for the service/product that you really don't want...... Why pay if it is not what you want, period.

They were happy to unload those used wheels. Get the new ones. Don't let them push you around.

Stand your ground and make them take back what you don't want...Every store has a return policy and this type of economy it is very liberal! Too much competition out there in the tire wheel retail store industry for them to be stupid and not make you happy! It will not cost them, they will be back where they were with 2 15x10 used wheels but with 2 less new wheels. They still make money!

Mel

those tyres weren't wide enough for the 15 x 10 rims in the first place.
Your fist photo of the tyres and wheel fitted to the back of gert shows the sidewalls pulled out to fit those rims.
Just remember if yelling at them doesn't work, you could always try crying!!

Well I had an interesting morning!

I went to the mechanic shop so I could see in person what was going on with the rubbing. You won't believe this. The tire shop put 215/70 on the fronts! :wtf I bought & paid for 195/65. I took the front wheels back to the tire place and told them they put the wrong size on and they don't fit on my car. This is the kicker.. they knew! It was no accident. They saw the 195s and were like those are too small, and would look better bigger so they went to 215's! :roul

Luckily though they were cool when I said I want the correct size put on. Then the owner asked about the rears and I told him it's a really close fit, but the mechanic guys said there shouldn't be any issue of rubbing as long as I don't put any weight in the back and when I change my leaf springs and rear shocks, then that will also help. The owner of the tire shop said if I want, I can bring the car to them and we can find a different size for the rears.

This is what she looks like now

NewTire.jpg

rearview.jpg

They are finishing the alignment now that the tires/wheels are all good and so it should be a couple hours until I get her back. :yah

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat,

Do NOT take your car with those wheels and tires on it. It will not work. When they tell you it will be alright as long as you don't put any weight in the back you are supposed to laugh at them.

Those wheels do not fit your car. Those tires do not fit your car. Hell, the rear tires do not even fit the wheels they are mounted on!

Nick (Dodgestang) has done a ton of leg-work for all with his sizing chart. It is based on fact derived from lots of trial and error on dozens of cars. I am on my third 65/66 and can tell you for a fact that what is currently on your car will not work. Even with the planets in alignment and brooms standing upright, no amount of magic is going to change this fact.

You'll be pissing away even more money when you have to go back and buy all new again.

"Horseplay" said:
Kat,

Do NOT take your car with those wheels and tires on it. It will not work. When they tell you it will be alright as long as you don't put any weight in the back you are supposed to laugh at them.

Those wheels do not fit your car. Those tires do not fit your car. Hell, the rear tires do not even fit the wheels they are mounted on!

Nick (Dodgestang) has done a ton of leg-work for all with his sizing chart. It is based on fact derived from lots of trial and error on dozens of cars. I am on my third 65/66 and can tell you for a fact that what is currently on your car will not work. Even with the planets in alignment and brooms standing upright, no amount of magic is going to change this fact.

You'll be pissing away even more money when you have to go back and buy all new again.

+ a googleplex!

"Horseplay" said:
Kat,

Those back wheels/tires are a TRAINWRECK. You will regret settling for those, I guarantee it. :no

Back