• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gratuitous puppy pics!

We had a big shing ding in town over the weekend and our CCI chapter participated in the parade and held a demo/presentation afterwards. You think that it'll be fun and good training for the pups, but then you meet a family that puts it all back into perspective. After the demo, we had a family stop by and ask about the dogs. We (as a group) spent some time explaining what the dogs do for someone that can't quite get by on their own and at what age they can receive a service dog from Canine Companions. Hopefully we passed on enough info that they will contact CCI and get the process rolling for their son. While we were talking, Jarrett seemed to bond with one of the pups (Raj) and it became somewhat difficult to part them!

This was absolutely THE best part of the day! I really do love my part timejob.

Raj%2Band%2Bnew%2Bfriend%2B%2528Large%2529.jpg

Raj%2Band%2Bfriend%2B2%2B%2528Large%2529.jpg

"silverblueBP" said:
The ski season is young, there's time!

Ansel did his best to learn the proper face plant motion while we were at the lake yesterday!

Launch%2B%2528Large%2529.jpg

The time has arrived and we will be welcoming the next Canine Companions for Independence puppy on Monday. His name is Carver III (I think I'll call him corner carver) and he'll be 8 weeks old on Monday. A yellow lab/retriever cross NOT left intact to be a potential breeder!

He already has his own blog up: http://carvercci.blogspot.com/

We have not been able to procure any pictures yet, but will have plenty on Monday.

On a good side topic, Ansel is still in advanced training and doing quite well. He seems to adjusted to the move and loves the trainers and learning new advanced commands; like turning light switches on/off, opening and closing doors and carrying packages. http://anselcci.blogspot.com/

good things your doing there mark... But for the dogs sake, don't get any ideas about that magical peanut butter. :wtf

One of the volunteers in our chapter that does not raise the pups makes little PB bone shaped treats. Those things are like ambrosia to the pups and are very high value treats! They come in handy when the pup is tired of working for kibble. Haven't tried them myself, but apparently they are to die for :yah

We just got a pic of the little guy. He had an intestinal problem over the weekend (read explosive diarrhea) and they have decided to keep him in Ohio for a couple more days. Looks like someone mounted his ears a little low!

Damn it Mark. Every time you get a new pup somehow I end up with one too, only yours don't stay forever....... please stop

"Fast68back" said:
Damn it Mark. Every time you get a new pup somehow I end up with one too, only yours don't stay forever....... please stop

Ha ha ha, wait...I'm not laughing.

Pics please!

I don't know how you do it, Mark. Bringing in a new pup knowing full well they will be leaving you far too soon. My oldest boxer just was diagnosed with cancer and the thought of losing him is killing me. You VOLUNTEER for this heartbreak.

Finally got Carver to Kansas last night. Funny how it's easy to forget the needs of a puppy till you have one again!

At the airport

and at the house last night.

Just 16 months, but a lifetime of memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
We took Carver on a hike out on the Prairie Sunday morning. It was a nice, brisk 25 degrees, but with no wind, it felt like 25 degrees.

CarveronthePrairielarge.jpg

mine packing her "froggy" around looking for a good place to take a nap...

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

she sits with such grace....
IMG_2979.jpg

yeah, thats got us puzzled. all the dogs i've ever had got "red eye" when the flash hit them. hers are always bright blue. eye color is actually brown...

Back