• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How Many Active Stangfix Members???

"Horseplay" said:
I think you are missing the whole point of why so many people have decided to call this home rather than some other forum. Aside from the wealth of knowledge of the members here, this is just a great group of people from all corners and walks of life who happen to share a common bond...and yes one or two inside jokes. I guess it might appear as a "good ole' boy club" but if anyone spends a little time here it becomes quite apparent that the club is very inclusive. Just look at some of the new "regulars" that have been accepted in! I'm quite sure their own families don't talk to them.

I've found no other forum where talk can go from some very technical aspect of a build to the latest salmon recipe in the blink of an eye. Yes there has been quite a bit of political discussion but it has its place and no one has to venture there if its not their cup of tea. If you want a place to go for black and white, one flavor only mustang material, there are other places you can go but I honestly don't know why one would. Most appreciate a chuckle along with that elusive solution.

I guess the bottom line is if you just are looking for guidance on a project you can't find a better place to get it but isn't the best part of this hobby hanging out with others with like interests and sharing it with them? I have not met a single member on here in person but feel like many here can be counted as friends. I think that says everything you need to know about this place. That and there are some really messed up people here. But who doesn't have that in their family?

Actually, I think you missed my point. As far as how friendly this place is, I was talking about how it may appear to a newbie, not how it is in reality. If I didn't like it hear, and feel welcome here, I wouldn't be here.
I also didn't intend to imply that it should be anything other than what it is, because that's certainly not up to me. I was just participating in the discussion of how, if we wanted to, we might attract new people, so don't get your panties all in a wad over it, k?

"bravenrace" said:
Actually, I think you missed my point. As far as how friendly this place is, I was talking about how it may appear to a newbie, not how it is in reality. If I didn't like it hear, and feel welcome here, I wouldn't be here.
I also didn't intend to imply that it should be anything other than what it is, because that's certainly not up to me. I was just participating in the discussion of how, if we wanted to, we might attract new people, so don't get your panties all in a wad over it, k?
My panties are fine. :nut Your comprehension skills might be another story. I wrote what I did for all the "newbies" who read here but don't post. It wasn't directed toward you or as opposition to growing the volume of members.

If you pay attention you'll notice there are new people joining everyday and I'm sure many more that just surf here and don't "join". Of those who join, a smallish number do any posting. I think most people tend to loiter around a while, get the feel for the place, try to catch on to who's who and what's what and then they start with a post here and there and eventually they might become very active. If you take that evaluation to mind and re-read my post you might get what I intended. The point being it's a great place for anyone who likes cars (Trans Am owners aside) and wants more than a simple technical resource.

It doesn't help that so many of us have running Mustangs, thus very little wrenchin' Maybe all of us should go out and buy a new project so we can once again start asking technical questions instead of how to make a yummy omelette?

There have been a lot of good points made so far. I think that the perception of a good old boys (and girls) club has some merit from the perspective of a newbie who has no knowledge of the history of this band of reprobates. If you think about it, it all comes down to the sense of community that is conveyed through the threads that populate any forum. For the most part, the original members of this forum migrated or broke off from VMF when the sense of community that had been cultivated by the members over the years started to morph into something that became polarizing. The sale of VMF may have added to the sense of a community in decline. Nevertheless, VMF survives and in my estimation is gradually developing a membership that is still on the upside of the learning curve. Not necessarily a bad thing for sustainability. Yes some of the questions are basic or repetitive but everyone needs to learn sometime.

For me, it's always been more about the people than the cars, but if you don't know the people, you may never appreciate the bank of technical knowledge and experience available here. In general if we become a closed community eventually we die off and the community ceases to exist. If we want some continuity to survive, some effort needs to be made to target new members and take steps to invite them into the fold. It may take more than changing socks more often than once per week..................................

For crying out loud, newbs get free cookies and beer!

Tomorrow

"bravenrace" said:
Jeff, I know I'd feel more like part of the group if I lived in Ca!! :yah

And maybe to attract a younger crowd we should have a young version of the old farts forum. :shrug

You know, in reality I don't personally care that much if there's 10 members or a million. I just would like to be able to check in more frequently and see more new posts. More activity on the actual Mustang side of things would be nice, but I also understand the reasons why this doesn't happen, and it comes along with a membership that is more advanced in their knowledge of the cars and the fact that many of the members cars are completed.

If you (bravenrace) want more mustang tech stuff, how about posting some? I still enjoying watching the same old things being done on these cars. I'm sure just about all of us do. If you are performing an upgrade, swapping intakes, etc. Post it up. Maybe do a tutorial type write up. We all love us some pictures! This also gives a format and opportunity for the guys to chime in with their wit and wisdom on the subject.

You have posted a bunch asking for experience with or opinions on a variety of subjects but I don't think you ever came back and posted on what you ended up doing or better yet, a thread showing it happen. Walk the walk brotha!

Seriously, this would prompt a bunch of what you are asking for in this thread.

Ok.....all you old farts think your poop dont stink? Then tell me how the hell do I assemble my newly aquirred 70 Boss 302?
jesusu4a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"cmayna" said:
Ok.....all you old farts think your poop dont stink? Then tell me how the hell do I assemble my newly aquirred 70 Boss 302?

Simple really....just get into that box of airplane glue you've stashed and look at the pretty pictures.

"cmayna" said:
jesusu4a.jpg
You start by removing that shrink film on the box...

That's a hell of a find BTW

"cmayna" said:
jesusu4a.jpg
Isn't that a '69 Boss stripe and "69 tail lights on a '70 body ?? :confu ( or is the package printed wrong :shrug )

"Horseplay" said:
If you (bravenrace) want more mustang tech stuff, how about posting some? I still enjoying watching the same old things being done on these cars. I'm sure just about all of us do. If you are performing an upgrade, swapping intakes, etc. Post it up. Maybe do a tutorial type write up. We all love us some pictures! This also gives a format and opportunity for the guys to chime in with their wit and wisdom on the subject.

You have posted a bunch asking for experience with or opinions on a variety of subjects but I don't think you ever came back and posted on what you ended up doing or better yet, a thread showing it happen. Walk the walk brotha!

Seriously, this would prompt a bunch of what you are asking for in this thread.

What do I have to do, go blow up ANOTHER engine??

"silverblueBP" said:
What do I have to do, go blow up ANOTHER engine??
We can never have enough water pump install failures to help the rookies learn the "what not to do's".

"cmayna" said:
jesusu4a.jpg
How about I double your money and give you $3.20 for that bad boy? I'll even pay S&H!

Back