• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I get to drive Gertrude by Wednesday!!!!

oh, and I meant to post that I have an old one at home that works (I replaced it troubleshooting and that wasn't it) I might try to take it a part when I get home

Ooookay so for once my mind wasn't in the gutter. I get it now. Ha. Ha. :beer

Update... Gert got taken to the muffler shop and they got her exhaust welded back on. Unfortunately they couldn't do anything like put tail pipes on because of the fuel pump. Was hard to hear him on the phone. Something about it would've been too close to it and that would be bad. So they just welded it back on and it's like I had it before where it has turn downs near the rear axle.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to have her towed to the alignment shop. Maybe. Muffler shop guy said front suspension was loose, tie rods. That stuff is on there good, or it was before I had it towed all over town. :shrug

Well looks like today might actually be the day I get to drive Gertrude. :steer Last time I got to drive her was in November 2010.
If everything goes well. The last time I drove it was in Nov 2010! It's one of those mix of feelings all at once. Excited, scared, anxious. On the bright side, muffler shop had to drive her around the building to get her into the garage and on the lift and nothing broke. Good sign right? lol The real test will be after the alignment is done. Still debating if I want to attempt to drive her home or just have her towed back home and then take test drives through my neighborhood first before I try to take her on any major roads. Last night at car club meet folks were like "drive it home!!" .. but eh.. I don't know. My luck she'd fall apart half way home.

Think I'll sit here and drive my coffee and try not to think about all the bad things that might/could go wrong today. :Katcof

"AzPete" said:
Drive it home......hubby will replace any parts that fall off......

LOL If I'm lucky he will. He bought himself a toy last night, so leave less Gertrude money. He's even talking about getting more toys now. I can't get mad or anything though. After all, I have the '66 mustang that his money has been spent on. :roll

Sig 40
2co0506.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Drive it around the neighbor of the alignment shop for a few minutes, just in case. Then once you have that infamous warm fuzzy feeling, drive it home. Bring your camera. Hopefully it has a video mode so you can capture the moment for as you are well aware:

:wop

My iphone has video & camera. :thu But would be kind of hard to get a video driving it when I'll have a death grip on the wheel. LOL

I set up a tripod in the back, shooting over the front seats. Reach up and hit the trigger and then stomp on it. Once I did that and the whole tripod setup went flying backwards. So now I duct tape or velcro the feet of the tripod to the carpet.

Go to Target or Walmart, buy an iPhone window mount and stick right up on the windshield. Mounts that are adjustable for Gps will sometimes work too. I have one for my smartphone. They are about $15 dollars.

Well picked her up from the muffler shop and got her taken over to get her alignment done. I also asked them to go over the suspension and double check everything was tightened down and safe. Now I'm just waiting for them to call me when she's done.

Oh and when I was at the muffler place... not only did Gert get her exhaust put back on, I ended up getting new mufflers on my '03. I ended up replacing my boring stock mufflers with Corsa's. :thu

And to follow the :rulz

Attachments

• newstuff.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 43
Back