• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

It's been 10 years ago this started?

Craig , aka CMAYNA , contacted me asking to join STANGFIX which I did on 26th aug 2009 as the 233rd member.
Before that I just joined VMF, but it didn't feel as it should, being a community of people who love mustangs but also love the people with that hobby.
Never regret joining STANGFIX cause Craig is one hell of a guy, who helped me alot , and through him I came in contact with you all guys, dispite my ugly english.
Thanks guys !
ps we need more grasshoppers !

I'm sneaking up on 10 years here myself this year. Abandoned VMF not long after the Fix came into being. Really miss some of the original guys that made this place special but thankful there are some that remain and many more that have joined since. And a special "Thanks" needs to be said publicly to Emilio for doing what he has to not only keep this site alive but remaining true to it's unique nature.

Kind of strange, but I bought my 67 Stang rolling chassis in '08 and came to be on the Stangfix looking for help! Sluggo was pretty active helping me, where's he at? However, I come and go as I'm getting to have a variety of classic cars, but I always seem to bounce back here;)
dne'

Dne': Sluggo sold his car and handed the reins of Stangfix over to Emilio about 4 years ago.

VMF can thank JohnPro for keeping it going when it was abandoned by boob for a while. After John got many people interested in the forum with his constant help guess who came back?

I think I joined the VMF in 02. After Bob sold it, it turned into a steaming pile of neverending same ole questions. Now, it's a steaming pile of slowness with stupid question after stupid question. I have finally given it the single finger salute and said Bu-Bye.

This place was born out of the frustrations of the VMF. I think I came over in week 2 or 3. While we've had our ups and downs, sales and deaths, it's still a great place to hang out, answer questions and call people names...I mean joke around. Sure it's not as big as other boards, but the quality is better and the entertainment is off the charts.

Where else could you go and have your very own emoji ({.})? This place helped me keep my sanity throughout my chemo treatments. We also still remember and sorely miss John, Rick and Sam.

Kudos to Emilio for keeping it all going and leaving it unchanged from its beginnings!

Mark, let us not forget that for whatever reason you also gave the Fix the one finger salute.:eek: Sllverblue BPo_O But I am glad that you are back, if for no other reason to keep Terry in check. :p

fd

Mark, let us not forget that for whatever reason you also gave the Fix the one finger salute.:eek: Sllverblue BPo_O But I am glad that you are back, if for no other reason to keep Terry in check. :p

fd

I did. For very different reasons and realized the error of my ways. Luckily for you

Mark

Dave Sanborn recruited me. I was on an Eleanor forum as was he when he was building his son's car. I had been a member of VMF but not a big fan of the purists attitude so I didn't post there much. I met Dave, Abby and his son at the 45th anniversary in 09 at Birmingham.
I joined the Fix in 2008 and have met most of the original members at some point.

Back