• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

It's been 10 years ago this started?

Alright, let me travel back in time a little bit. As I recall I was a member before Stangfix went live. Rick, Sluggo and I brainstormed a few things. Format, site layout, etc., but it was just a couple of us. As we went live we needed members. We hijacked the familiar names from the old VMF to bring them over to Stangfix. I knew getting Craig and other significant players on Stangfix was a must. Rick and Sluggo were the backbone of the operation. I was there mostly for entertainment. In the early days I did have a “User Group/sub-forum” titled something like “what would Sanborn do?”. That died out after a couple of years during one of the format changes.
It’s good to see this place still up and running with a lot of the old familiar faces. Apologies for not being as active as I once was. Retirement is looming. Maybe that will give me the time to again play here.

I thought you WERE retired.....didn't know you DID anything.:eek:

Where ya been Dave?

Dave,
Nice to get a email message from your post while we were up in Alaska. It for sure put a smile on my face. The good old days.......

Glad to see your alive and kicking Dave. So many of the early folk ave died or just disappeared. Why not post a current picture of stang.

Just stumbled on this thread.

I do remember when this forum started. I migrated here from I one of the other mustang forums which I can't remember at the moment, and I used to be a part of the old Fomoco forum before it disappeared.

Well I guess I missed the 10 year anniversary, and the 11th! Although I never met you old timers in person, I did here and on the VMF! Glad to see so many of you still active. I am back!

Wow, it's been about 6 years since I posted last. How time flys! It's NOT like I haven't been into Mustangs, I've just been busy! Just to update, since 2014, I still have Dirty Harry, my 1967 Convertible Mustang, and I still have Code Red, my 1966 Fastback. I also still have my Dr. J (formerly Sophia here on the VMF), 1995 Convertible Mustang, which you can read about all three here on the VMF if your interested in their back stories.

I sold Old Yeller, my 1968 Convertible Mustang (Below) to finance my Ultimate Garage (Ultimate to me, and it's the building on the left in the picture below). Old Yeller went to the Netherlands, if you own him or know anything about him, please LMK. You can check out some of the build on my YouTube Channel, howtoheaven. I'm not a big YouTuber and I didn't get many views on the build, so I stopped posting the build series. Currently I am putting the finishing touches on my Ultimate Garage (yes, the pics above are the bathroom in my Ultimate Garage)...I'm building a second story mezzanine for storage over the bathroom and adding two mini splits for cooling. Next up, I will be ordering a four post lift. Any way, I've missed this place and am looking forward to posting more and putting videos of my Mustangs on my howtoheaven YouTube Channel...check them out. Also I'll post to my instagram @how2heaven so you'll know when I post a new video. Finally, here are the pictures! And if I am doing anything wrong, like posting too big of a picture, please LMK as well as LMK how to reduce them! Last time I was here you had to have a photo posting site to post pics....a real hassle! Thanks take care, more to come.

Welcome back.

There are a few folks here who bounce back and forth with VMF.

Looks like you have room to spread out there. Now some pics of the garage.

Back