• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

JohnPro-Official StangFix Fender Roller Tool Box update

Re: JohnPro-Official StangFix Fender Roller Tool Box Question??

"silverblueBP" said:
Instead of reimbursing previous user, why not just have the current user pay to ship to next guy?

duhhh, because craig had to ship it to the first guy! :sm_NTA

Here's my reasoning as to why the recepient is paying postage.

Example: AZ to CA to TN to SC

If Numbnuts in AZ pays postage to CA, that's pretty cheap as compared to Loosenuts in CA having to pay postage to TN. Thus if Cracklenuts in TN wants the tool bad enough, he needs to pay the postage across the states to his place in order to use the tool. And yes Nonuts in SC will clean up big time with the tool already being nearby.

Hope this makes sense. If most disagree with my reasoning and feel that it would be much easier for each person to simply pay the outbound postage and be done with it, I'd be willing to change it, but will need to reimburse the one person who will get caught having just paid an inbound to use the tool and now outbound.

Craig, that logic makes sense to me....

Sounds good as long as the nuts don't get crossed......

It is more of a pain to do but it is the right way to cover the costs.

Very cool. I'd like to have it shipped to me at some point. We could all include a photo of the car it was used on inside the box under the foam!!

"67 Fastback" said:
I think it's awesome to have a community tool.

Out of context we could have fun with this one :roll

"67 Fastback" said:
I think it's awesome to have a community tool.

Yes, it is quite nice having Cmayna as part of our community. :hide

Use me, whip me, spank me.......giddy up cowboy

I bet a couple of us in my area would be interested in using the tool . Put me on a rental list .

I have an idea.

Why not put the list according to state. Then pick the next person that is closest on the list to send to.

This would cut shipping cost waay down.

For example: If someone in Alabama had the tool, and the next person on the list lives in Oregon then the shipping cost is going to be really high.

But, if there was another guy that lived in Alabama, but was way down on the list it would still be better to send it to him next, then after he finishes, send it to the next closest person.

What do you guys think?

I would say......there are some that are ready and waiting/needing it as they get to the paint vs someone just starting body work......

M-train,
That is what I'm doing. For instance though I have a couple people in Calif wanting it, while it is in AZ it's going to go first to TX. The freight from AZ to TX vs AZ to MA really isn't that much more. I will update the list.

The traveling tool is finishing up in AZ, headed for TX next week and then off to the east coast (MA and OH) it goes. Finally it might then make its trek back to the west coast to WA and CA.

If we get a few more people to use it, I will get it in March and can simply bring it to Knott's in April! (I'm good with this plan!)....

So how well does this tool work for rolling the fenders? My 65 needs to have the fenders rolled and the tires are really close to the fenders. Also the car has a new paint job. Has anyone done this without cracking the paint?
Thanks

Back