• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mach1Mark's '65 coupe restomod

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
He's using a CVF Racing pulley set-up. I run the same twin belt system on my car. They make similar for just about any engine. Simplicity of design is likely the reason for two belts. No need to incorporate additional guide pulleys (gain belt wrap advantages) or a tensioner this way. I'm thousands of miles into mine without any issues. Will it cause any? Who knows. I doubt it...but it looks cool!

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
Didn't know that system. Noticed the lack of a belt tensioner though.
I am more into the one belt setup and thus of one chrankshaft pulley. The A/C compressor brings alot of load onto the belt and therefore I want it as close as possible to the timingcover. Call me old fashion.

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Call me old fashioned, I think AC is for weenies! If a car has a wing window, it's all you need.
Agreed. If I didnt live this far south. My coupe is a factory A/C car built for SoCal but Ive never had the A/C operable in 42 years of ownership. I see a need now.

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Seems you have two serpentine belts ? Why ? Isn't it the purpose to run one ?
You p/s pump and compressor hinders you to run one serpentine belt.
When you have the possibility to run one belt and preferberly on the pulley closest to the timing cover . Less stress on the chrankshaft and seal. I would do it .
Did you check the rotation of the waterpump for future cooling problems ??
my2cents.
CVF Racing doesnt offer a single serp belt for alternator/water pump/power steering/air for the 351W family so I went with this kit. I could have probably gone with the double Vee belt like Monkeystash did but I wanted to ensure no belt slippage in case the horsepower or torque proved too much for the Vee belts.

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
There appears to be no way to make my current pulley/belt system fit with the room I have and I would need another tensioner for the alternator side. I guess Im shopping for another SINGLE serp pulley system or maybe a double vee belt system.

Attachments

• 20210531 fitment test (1).jpg
    20210531 fitment test (1).jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210531 fitment test (2).jpg
    20210531 fitment test (2).jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210531 fitment test (3).jpg
    20210531 fitment test (3).jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210531 fitment test (4).jpg
    20210531 fitment test (4).jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 11

Grabber70Mach

Isn't this what you are looking for?

0e063928652c59cb82c9d7000b14a148.jpg

Midlife

Staff member
Man, that looks so much like this, which might be better for your car:

Attachments

• IMG_7505.JPG
    IMG_7505.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 8

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Isn't this what you are looking for?

0e063928652c59cb82c9d7000b14a148.jpg
Absolutely !! And its about three times what I paid for my current CVF system. Im going to try and reconfigure my current system to do what this system does. I have a machinist buddy who can turn a few of my items to re-purpose them.