• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Members car collection

Bruno.... You know that goes on the back of the car, right?

233-130211123328-74161558.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"tarafied1" said:
I think the Volare is pretty cool. Don't see those anymore
155094_1474304018933_1273653141_31022252_3657120_n.jpg

Anybody remember these Volares? Back in 78 my sister brought a 2 tone silver and green Volare off the showroom floor. They had one of these sitting on the sales floor. I was all of 17 at the time and was driving a 68 Road Runner. Salesmen keep going out of his way trying to get me to trade in my RR on this. I told him I didn't like the idea of door numbers and if I'd really wanted to get laughed at I would get a Camaro. He even went as far as telling me that when the cars are shipped the numbers are in the trunk to be dealer installed. I finally had to tell him that I was 17 and would have to have not only a co-signer but a job that paid better than the minimum wage that I was making. Saw this a couple of weeks ago at a local show. Still doesn't look right. Maybe if they lost the numbers. A couple of years after a friend got a job at that Plymouth dealer in the body shop. One of the guys he worked with asked him if he knew what Volare meant in Italian. When he said "Love,Right?",The guy said no,"Rustbucket!"....
DSC01946.jpg

All my cars are in my sig.My 70,My Magnum,Her 07 Vert.

Ha! "Anybody remember Volares?" How's this...Vo-Lar-E...whoa whoa whoa, Vo-Lar-E". Once the tune from those commercials got inside your head it NEVER goes away! LOL

"Ponyman66" said:
Ha! "Anybody remember Volares?" How's this...Vo-Lar-E...whoa whoa whoa, Vo-Lar-E". Once the tune from those commercials got inside your head it NEVER goes away! LOL
My favorite version was sung by Newbomb Turk. Well, maybe sung isn't the exact right verb... (see "car guy" movie thread)

I had a four door Volate and drove a Diplomat on patrol for a while.

I do like the four door.

I currently have the 65 FB, 67 coupe, 2000 F350 4x4 crew cab, 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel, GMC Jimmy and S10.

Not fond of the two GM products but they were a good deal and are getting the girls through school.

Next, probably a hemi truck or Challenger or maybe a 67/8 Camaro.

Mel

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

"Horseplay" said:
My favorite version was sung by Newbomb Turk. Well, maybe sung isn't the exact right verb... (see "car guy" movie thread)

But did he play accompaniment mit his...well, you know! LOL

I am also not a fan of those cars either. However they are rare and they didn't make a lot of them. These cars are a pain to find parts for too. I'll have to get a more recent picture of the car too. I gave the car to my father awhile back and he had stripes put on it last year. Not really my style, but whatever makes him happy. Atleast they are vinyl, and can come off easy.

Ryan, I knew you had the others (Mustang is coming together :thu), but I guess I didn't know about the goat. Very NICE!!!

Man, I love that Fairlane. I am still pondering one a those myself.

Here is my current collection, its kinda small at the one car. .

Maybe that will change in the future but since I just got this car done last week I need a break but I am really thinking some sorta open top British roadster 289 project, kinda that vintage race poor mans cobra kinda car.

IMAG0907.jpg

IMAG0906.jpg

IMAG0868.jpg

My toys and projects....

The 1970 Grabber:
index.php

The 1941 GMC "RatRod" (CraigII's prototype...)
index.php

1928 Model A 5-window coupe project:
index.php

1926 Model T coupe project:
index.php

"Coupe" said:
Man, I love that Fairlane. I am still pondering one a those myself.

Thanks! The '64 seems to be more popular, but I just love the fins on the '63. Beautiful fastback BTW!

"Fast68back" said:
Soooo, you have a FB yet your screen name is Coupe??????? Identity crisis?

<------- It's a secret identity!

Well, it is a two door right? I mean, arent all the hardtop cars coupes anyway? :confu

Besides, if it had four doors it would be a chicken sedan...
080206_chickcar1.jpg

Here's mine. It's took a while, several years and a lot of hard work.

Back