• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang playing cards

crustycurmudgeon

Many months ago I saw and actually laid hands on a deck of VMF cards featuring members' Stangs. Looking at guruatbol's picture gallery reminded me of these cards (his Captain America was a Joker). My understanding is that the idea was nixed early on and so only a limited number of people have these cards. Is this something we could do here at Stangfix? Surely we could come up with 54 cars to grace a deck of cards.

Frank

For some reason I keep hearing Motorhead's Ace of Spades in my head
Beavis_Butthead_79x67.gif

I didn't know it was Outlawboss that had these produced. After reading of his adventures and misadventures with this, I wonder if he'd be willing to do it again. Looks like nearly everyone was pleased in the end (except for one stick in the mud :rant).

Frank

54 cards, huh? We could work this a couple ways that may or may not be fair to select 54 cars. Wait until we have 54 COTM's to use (might mean waiting a few more years), see how much interest we have in people throwing their name in the hat (might not even have 54 to start with), or offer it out as an auction of sorts, ie, top 54 bidders get their car included (perhaps along with a free deck once its ordered) and the proceeds go to either support the forum maintenance or a charity.

I would like to see a deck now and then again in a year or two with different cars.....or maybe one with interiors only..... I am for sure in for a couple at least.

The Nor-Cal group used to get together to play poker and the car pics were sometimes an integral part of the game, wild cards were sometimes defined as "any 67 coupes" or "cars with Magnum 500's." I'd like to see another set too, cars don't have to be "finished" either.

"sigtauenus" said:
54 cards, huh? We could work this a couple ways that may or may not be fair to select 54 cars. Wait until we have 54 COTM's to use (might mean waiting a few more years), see how much interest we have in people throwing their name in the hat (might not even have 54 to start with), or offer it out as an auction of sorts, ie, top 54 bidders get their car included (perhaps along with a free deck once its ordered) and the proceeds go to either support the forum maintenance or a charity.
I don't care if my car is on them or not but I do like the idea and the auction seams like a great idea to support the Fix!

Back