• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang playing cards

That would be very cool!

I thought of a way to decide which cars are used. I saw this done at a City Park Committee I was on to choose swings and such.

Everyone that submits their car as a candidate gets x number of votes (we used 3 for the Park thing, but I think for 54 candidates the number needs to be higher - maybe there is a Stangfixer that was a math major that could tell us what that needs to be). They use one of their votes for their own car (obviously) and then cast their other votes for the other cars. The 54 cars with the highest amount of votes would be used. There might be a need for a runoff if there are some tied for the lowest spots. This could be done by all original participants voting between just those cars with 1 vote each.

The cost could be divided by the 54 members, which would give them x number of decks, then the remaining desks would be sold and whoever was the one that did all the legwork should receive the money received for those for their trouble. (again math needed to provide for x)

I called and left a message for Angelo. I am waiting for his call back.

I was discussing this with SWMBO tonight at dinner. We talked about how to figure out who gets what car on what card. We both thought if you sell each number to pay for the initial printing and then that person would get one deck for free, the other decks are sold and the proceeds all go to Stangfix.

Now there is an issue about the popular card numbers like Ace of spades, queen of hearts, Joker and such. Those should be auctioned off starting at the minimum price.

I will want three one for the before (Captain America) of the 67 and the after as well as the 65. I would love to have the Joker again, but the other numbers don't matter.

Later tonight I will work up a table and cost chart and see what I can put together. I will not be able to give it much more than a couple hours a day until some of the projects around here are done.

Mel

I'm in...buying and offering up THE '67 as a card.

Choosing who is in...well have fun with that.

I'm in as well. It looks like we might need some more verts to represent so I'll throw my money pit into the mix.

OK, I am working on a spredsheet, is there a way to make it postable?

Mel

Google docs.

You can also make an album in the new gallery and stab .xls and all kind of other files in it.

I'll support this too. I don't care if my car is in or what number. If you can't get enough cars, put mine in (another coupe). I'll buy some cards/decks either way. I'd love to have all your guys cars on a deck!! Now if the Drag Car was done then I'd want it on a card but yawl better not wait for that!

OK, I have an excel spreadsheet going with all the cards on the right and a spot for stangfix user name and actual name. I have a couple questions.....

1- How do we want to collect the money when I get a number put to things?
2- How much percentage wise should go to the fix? I don't care if I see a dime, I just want to cover costs and make some for the forum.
3- How do I post the spreadsheet so I can show people what cards are left?

Oh, Craig II you can post the drag car in a dual pic, one where it is and one as you would like it...maybe two cards????

Mel

I got the preliminary quote for 107 decks. $1750.00

That would get them printed and shipped to me.

I presume about $2-3 for shipping them out per order...I have to check with the post office and find out for sure though.

So far we are at under $20 a deck. which is much higher than I wanted to be at.

Still looking around.

Mel

Mel,
$16.00 per deck? Ouch!! Who are you getting quotes from? That is way too high. Did you look at the links I supplied earlier? Should be more like $8+ delivered.

"guruatbol" said:
I got the preliminary quote for 107 decks. $1750.00

That would get them printed and shipped to me.

I presume about $2-3 for shipping them out per order...I have to check with the post office and find out for sure though.

So far we are at under $20 a deck. which is much higher than I wanted to be at.

Still looking around.

Mel

What is 107 decks based on? I'm sure there are price breakpoints at 200 or 400 or 500 that really starts bringing down the per unit cost. I'd rather pay $30 for 3 or 4 decks than $20 for 1.

I am waiting for a quote from a manufacturer that I can go to directly. They used to do stuff for me when I had my computer store.

Um, I am going to put Scary in there, which one? King of hearts or Ace of Spades?

The 107 number was what I thought I could realistically get rid of and their first price break. Yes there are breaks for larger orders. I am in agreement about paying $30 for 3 decks rather than $20 for one. Besides I got ten of the VMF decks and gave them as gifts.

I am still looking around. I am sure I will find better. the first price is never the best one....I always shop around....

Mel

If you want your car on the cards, please PM me and I will add you to the list. I still have no cost for the number yet. If we even go that way....

I may just pre-sell the decks and order a few more for those who may be late.

Mel

I haven't heard back from Angelo yet...He gets real busy this time of year and he has a demanding calling at church.

I'll keep trying and waiting for the other quotes. In the mean time I am adding people to the spreadsheet.

Mel

OK, all the quotes came in this morning.

IMHO the best one requires 1080 cards minimum. But the total cost for the 1080 is just about the same as the next lowest bid for 500 cards. It seems to be the set up fee that kills it for the smaller amounts.

So, we need $2150 for the order and it takes 14 days to be done and shipped to me. Then there is the shipping to each user. I have to go to town later and will stop at the post office and get some pricing ideas from Kay our postmaster in New Harmony, UT. This is a one horse town so she will be more help than the city clerks who don't give a #%@$%$#^.

The next lowest with setup fees for 500 cards was $1850.

So far I like it.

So, I think if you want your car on the cards, $55 per number is fair and it would include 8 decks of cards shipped to you. this should allow a few dollars per number to go to the fix. Scary is free!

Lets not be cheap here.

If you just wanted to buy decks we should sell them for $5.00 each and this would all but the cost of shipping go to the fix.

I would be able to place the order as soon as I get all the slots filled and pics emailed to me for upload to their FTP site and the last most important thing since it is off season, the payment for placement.

Input please?

Mel

Well, scary has the King of Hearts already.

We could auction them off, all Aces, Queen of hearts, and face cards as the categories???

Start at the minimum price of $55, right?

This is open to all Mustangs all years! If you have multiple cars, you can just buy two cards....We could give a discount for the second and subsequent cards. How about $50 for second card and $45 for 3 or more???

Mel

That works as long as the auction generates enough to cover the discounts.

My vote would be for the minumum to stay the minimum regardless of how many you buy to make sure you are personally covered for the total and any extra goes to StangFix.

Back