• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 69 Coupe build UPDATED 4-9-12

Re: My 69 Coupe build

yea my buddy actually did it tho. He has a 69 Sportsroof that hes been restoring for about 10yrs. He has a lot of experience with welding from his car. He welded an entire quarter of the car onto his car (not quarter panel an actual 1/4 section of another car).

yea, it would be done already except for having a full time job and only being able to work on it at night or on the weekends. I have a solid year of work into it now, and I just gotta keep plugging away til its driveable then I can begin to relax a lil.

couple pics of the car during the primering process. Hoping to get the front end on this weekend and get door and fenders properly lined up.

"Daves69Coupe" said:
gona take the car off jackstands and let is sit for a lil to see how low or high the car will be.

See if you can't get a hold of a few items that can simulate the weight of the interior and a person on board. I believe doing this will give you a much better idea of what your working with in regards to ride height, and also, maybe give it a couple of days to settle.

heres a couple pics from this weekends work. I decided to mock up the front end yesterday just to make sure I has everything I needed. Still need to primer part of the front end so I gotta take car of that before I can say the front ends done

heres some pics of the progress made this weekend. Still have some evening out to do on the hood but had to put it back on the car since its suppose to rain all week again.... Also gotta play with the hood latch to make the hood sit flat. Looks crooked in the pic below. The hood latch isnt centered on hood so I have to play around with the hood hinges or something

Re: My 69 Coupe build UPDATED 12-20

havent posted in a while cause I havent been able to work on the car in the cold, since I live in Jersey and we've had snow on the ground since x-mas. Heres the wheels I just picked up for the coupe. Its adding to the pile of parts I currently have in the house awaiting warm weather

Re: My 69 Coupe build UPDATED 12-20

So I got the stang out of the garage last weekend after spending the past 3 months stowed away where I couldnt work on it. Damn jersey weather.

Anyways I took a few pics of the car with the new wheels on. There 17x9 front a back with a 1" spacer front and back. Lots of tire out the rear wheel well. Close to rubbing on the front fender too. I dont think it'll be a problem unless I lower the car more anyways. Either way I'll probaly end up rolling the fenders or flaring them. So heres a few pics of the car with wheels. (lot of gap between tires and fenders cause cars leaning on drivers side do to uneven driveway. Will post more pics after this weekend.

Attachments

• 3-13-11 Wheels.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 3-13-11 Wheels1.jpg
    856.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 3-13-11 Wheels2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 3-13-11 Wheels3.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 3-5-11 Wheel fitment4.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 3-13-11 Wheels5.jpg