• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 69 Coupe build UPDATED 4-9-12

Re: My 69 Coupe build UPDATED 12-20

you guys are correct, the front bumper is bowed out on sides. Pretty sure the car hit something dead center in the bumper before and it bent the bumper ends out. Already have a replacment one though, just put that one on for photo purposes. The new chrome one will be on the car soon enough.

ok cool! And just a helpful tip, if you installing the bumper by yourself. Slide old socks on each end to keep from scratcing the paint and/or bumper finish.

"70_Fastback" said:
Is it just me, or does your front bumper look WAY too big? It looks like it's extending past the fenders quite a bit.

Is that a 69/70 bumper?

I think I see my sweatshirt to the far right!

"Mach1ne" said:
I saw my foot!

Whatever - look WAAAAAY in the background, up the road. You're still walking, looking for my rivet. LoL.

PS - thanks again!

Wanted to update my build thread with what Ive done the past two weeks. The steering racks back in, with new tie rods and rebuilt control valve. Front windshield was installed and the front end has been attached. Heres some pics of car (mistress) and one of gf sitting in my mistress.

Attachments

• 5-8-11 stang1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 5-8-11 stang2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 5-8-11 stang3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 5-8-11 stang6.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 5-8-11nika.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 5-8-11 stang4.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 45

Good looking! (GF, that is...does she have a sister?)

Nice progress!

Dave,

You know how depressing it can be when a guy tells you his girlfriend's mom is about your own age? Somethings are better left unsaid my friend!

my bad Horseplay... I thought age was just a number.

are bodies may get old but guys never age past 16 inside.

"Daves69Coupe" said:
no sisters but her mom looks alot like her and 45years old.

Since YOU brought it up.....we must see pics for confirmation.

Re: My 69 Coupe build UPDATED 5-13

I was able to get the rear brake lines in last night. Just got hook up the hose from the rear axle to intermediate brake line that runs from the front to the rear of the car. I tried undo the old one last night but the nut on the brake line wouldnt turn so I sprayed it with WD-40 and letting it sit. Hopefully it'll loosing it up.

Attachments

• 5-12-11 Rear Brakes1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 5-12-11 Rear Brakes2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 5-12-11 Rear Brakes3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 5-12-11 Rear Brakes.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 14

"70_Fastback" said:
So what else is left to do?

to get her driving?

1. Install new parking brake
2. Re-assemble drums
3. Put in new oil pan (old one started leaking from a small whole when I put oil in it.)
4. Hook up wiring
5. Mount master cylinder
6. hook up front brakes
7. Bleed the system
8. Put oil and transmission fluid in
9. Install whole interior

think thats pretty much it, Im sure something else will come up tho.

Re: My 69 Coupe build UPDATED 5-8-11

new oil pan is in. Was a real pain to do with the engine in the car. Had to remove the enigne cross member, sway bar, and slave cylinder for power steering to get old pan out and new one in. The biggest pain was keeping the gasket on during install. I used some some red tacky stuff to adhere the gasket to pan but it still moved around if it touched anything under the engine. Should of done it when I had the engine on the stand months ago but whatev new ones in and done.

Attachments

• 5-23-11 Oil Pan3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 5-23-11 Oil Pan2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 5-23-11 Oil Pan1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 5-23-11 Oil Pan.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 11

"silverblueBP" said:
Since YOU brought it up.....we must see pics for confirmation.
:stu
hey nice car progress pics, info and all, but you skipped right over this comment! If you tease us with a pretty girl and claim there is a hot mom too you better produce some pics. You wouldn't want a bunch of us showing up to see for ourselves would you?

Back