• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Project! 1968 Volvo P1800 "Bullwinkle"

That looks amazing! Awesome that you are able to get your hands dirty again and work on her again. Getting so close to finishing this beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some help yesterday from a buddy and we got the engine, transmission and exhaust installed. Starting to look like a car again.

caa98c019ccc7a44d4d2d7db84b1a9f3.jpg

It is still missing the heating and AC hoses as well as the master cylinder.

I would actually let you drive my Shelby for some driving time with that. It is awesome!!!

BTW, I'm running 325 25 20 square on my Shelby and the tire setup on this will be incredible!

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

With the engine sitting further back, should make the car quite stable/ balanced. Looks great.

The engine is back pretty far but not as far as I wanted to go. I wanted the entire engine behind the front axle centerline. I was only able to get as far back as the middle of the first cylinder on my axle centerline. A bit of a compromise to keep the interior useable.

Found this recently and was reminded of your project. Different but still so cool.
Any new updates?
dbd9ca54b92ba8cf347c60133aab161e.jpg

That is a pretty cool car. I am down to the last couple items on a 100+ item todo list. Pretty much need to figure out why my courtesy listers don’t turn off (ground issue somewhere) and waiting for a new relay for the headlights. Other than that is is down to tuning, shortening the engine harness and installing the dash. Her is a quick video of the turn signals. I have been waiting on a flasher that works with my LED lights.
00c71e83e3289a33cf848705f5867d92.jpg

21531829f7c9a994a61a62af041ad7c3.jpg

9d48c5f807e7a25ee7f7bf5c3800d7c1.jpg

I took the car in to a tuner to shorten the engine harness and tune it in August. The tuner didn't feel comfortable with doing the work so he sent it right back home. I ended up redoing the engine wiring to get it ready for my original tuner (who did not have time for it this summer). I sent the car to him on Sunday so I hope in a few days I may have a running/driving car. With a little luck I hope to have a video of a running car to post here soon. Fingers crossed nothing big comes up.

Back