• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Next Project

Have not posted here for a while. Took the truck to the shop that fixed my mustang to get the rear rebuilt. It is the original 9" with 370 gears. Since the the gears are toast, I going to go with 300 or 325 posi chunk.

Finally got the truck back. The new 300 gears are great. That and the new AC makes it more of a pleasure to drive.
TruckEngine.jpg TruckExterior1.jpg TruckExterior2.jpg TruckInterior.jpg

Gave it a good wash and wax this morning. Next thing is seat belts, arm rests and fix the door locks.

Figured out why the turn signals quit flashing, the relay went out. Swapped in one from my mustang and now they work. Need to buy a new relay for the stang mow.

Added new arm rest because the old ones were bad, the foam was just a mess of sticky goo.

I bought new wiper refills but did not get them on. Hope Julie does not want to drive today since it is raining here.

Took the truck back to the shop because the AC appears to be freezing up. Blows cold for 5 min, then blows warm for 5 min.

The truck left my wife stranded, would not crank, starter would just spin. After pulling the starter, saw the teeth were chewed on the flywheel. So I had it towed to a shop since I did not want to pull the transmission.

Looks like I put in a started that did not engage totally last year. (My fault).

While the truck is at the shop, I going to have them replace the cab mounts and see if they can come up with a better shifter linkage than I sis, It will not engage into Low and Driver 2.

Think Julie blew a head gasket, She said is was running rough, looked at the passenger side and there was radiator fluid leaking between the head and block.

Guess I know what I will be doing this weekend.

Got the head off, 3 of the head bolts were loose, Did not need any torque to undo them, The head is off the the shop to check it out. All the valves look fine (as far as I can tell). Never any oil in the radiator, pistons do not look clean or carbon built up, just a little black.

Did you built the engine, bought it as a whole, enginebuilder ? Use of used bolts ? Would like to know the cause why they came loose.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Did you built the engine, bought it as a whole, enginebuilder ? Use of used bolts ? Would like to know the cause why they came loose.
My money would be on the use of old, pre-stretched bolts. Sometimes you get lucky and other times not so much.

Back