• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"Phoenix" 65 Coupe to FB

yeah those quarters on the FB were replaced but not very well. those are the only places it was actually held together with something other than screws. I basiclly took it apart with a drill diver. But you are getting it done!
IMG_2649.jpg IMG_3739.jpg

It's a universal law of physics that one will always run out of welding gas on a Sunday when all of the supply houses are closed.

Welded up most the pass side qtr and grindinded it. My welding needs more work, not use to this eastwood and im.sure it being 20 degrees didnt help

Also cut some angle to replace the trunk access supports that were cut off

yes and no. The maverick guys use them all the time abd thats actually how i found them. I was looking to see what torino 70 taillights looked light and came across a maverick thread. Saw these and then looked for a set. They are actually 67 Impala/Caprice lights. Look very similar to the most popular tail lights used off the 70s Mercury Bobcat

That's one way to make it look like the ass end of a 67 Camaro. :eek: I will admit that about the only thing I am not a huge fan of on this body style is the factory tail light design but not digging this look either but to each his own. It is slightly better than multiples lined up of the original, however!

yeah, im more a fan of 67 tail lights but the 65 lights just dont do it for me. Im cheap and like to be a little different so a little rat rod style for me. To me it still have a little bit of that shelby look just with some different angles. No where near camaro though...

got my new welding wire today and new lenses. Plus wired a new outlet for my air compressor that shows up tomorrow20170208_164805.jpg

I'm not sure if I like them or not. I agree the originals are a bit small and lacking something but I just can't tell if these are they right style. But yeah, let's see how it turns out. They do look better with all red lenses.

20170211_111649.jpg as much as i like these taillights, they dont fit quiet flush. So i ordered a driver quality pair of 69 Cougar tails. default_Smilies_New_smile.gif

Back