• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Progress

"stump" said:
Nope! My role in this rebuild is to write checks. I learned my lesson from my 12 year, and counting, '64.5 coupe rebuild...

Well it looks like their doing a quality job for you!

New gauge decision time... I'm going with Auto-meter aftermarket gauges as opposed to the stock setup. I had planned to use the original 5-gauge bezel with a Rally pack for the tach; however, after seeing it today I think I'll go with a 6-gauge putting the tach and speedo side-by-side...

1966Fastback008.jpg

1966Fastback009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those gauges look great! Looking at them side-by-side with the stock gauges, you can tell they're going to look just like they belong in the car.

Cobalt series huh? Out of curiousity, what made you decide to go with this series gauge?

Here's my 6 gauge cluster, I suppose somewhat similar to what you're leaning towards, but with the PhantomII series gauges.

I looked at the Cobalt series gauges when I was in the market and to me they looked too cheap. Not so much the quality, more the appearance.

Choosing gauges is like choosing paint colors, everyone has their personal favorite.

3_07_09_08_6_05_06_0.JPG

"daveSanborn" said:
Cobalt series huh? Out of curiousity, what made you decide to go with this series gauge?

I went with the recommendation of the guys at the shop. I really hadn't planned on replacing gauges until they brought it up. They did suggest the 6-gauge setup as opposed to the 5 with the rally pack, but I wanted it as close to original as I could; that could always change once I'm driving it.

BTW, I'm going with the Magnum 500 wheel as opposed the Cragar SS.

New tires and wheels today, interior in Monday... Is that light at the end of that tunnel?

1966Fastback051.jpg

1966Fastback043.jpg

1966Fastback053.jpg

1966Fastback047.jpg

1966Fastback048.jpg

Hell must be freezing over... it's a bout freakin' time they finished with it!

Are they going to adjust the hood? It looks to be a little too high on the back corner(s).

"daveSanborn" said:
Hell must be freezing over... it's a bout freakin' time they finished with it!

Are they going to adjust the hood? It looks to be a little too high on the back corner(s).

It's certainly getting colder, but not quite frozen...

Still needs interior, paint touch-up, and all those little adjustments (hood included).

New estimate is EOM April, just like last year...

That's gorgeous !!! !!! !!!

Could you tell me the size of the rear tire?

I am buying my front tires today and the rear later this week so I still have time to get the rear the way I want it and yours is the way I want it. :vic

"MarkStang" said:
That's gorgeous !!! !!! !!!

Could you tell me the size of the rear tire?

I am buying my front tires today and the rear later this week so I still have time to get the rear the way I want it and yours is the way I want it. :vic

I don't recall the size but I'll check with the shop.

Your car does look great. I also like the paint color as well. Much better then Grabber Orange that is so popular around here! :lol

Back