• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Progress

I couldn't help myself and came here for another look. Such a nice looking color that can only be done on a car like this. The choice to leave off the side stripes was a good one. Simple , Sporty and Classic.

"68EFIvert" said:
Your car does look great. I also like the paint color as well. Much better then Grabber Orange that is so popular around here! :lol

But it IS in the Grabber family still... :)

"stump" said:
I wish I could take credit for some of it.

You paid for it.... you can therefore take ALL of the credit. So what if it was some other guys color choice? He backed out and you jumped in. His loss, your gain!

Looks great. I have the billet six gauge setup with Cobalts. They light up blue and my car is blue. I guess I am not the only one anymore. I'll post pics as soon as I can get one.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
Looks great. I have the billet six gauge setup with Cobalts. They light up blue and my car is blue. I guess I am not the only one anymore. I'll post pics as soon as I can get one.

Mel

I'm told you can program them for a couple of different colors; I'm not sure "ugly green" is one...

I don't think so. Mine are blue and If I recall the reason they are called Cobalt is because they light blue.

They are cool at night, no doubt about that.

Mel

That car/color combo is an eyecatcher !!!!!

Beat everybody has seen it when passing by.

I'm starting to get the feeling that "Progress" is not the case...

Back in the paint booth to fix some dings.

I think it's just a ploy to keep it out of my hands...

DSCN2617.jpg

DSCN2616.jpg

DSCN2614.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"daveSanborn" said:
It appears as if the whole car's getting another coating of clear?

You are correct. It went in to fix a few spots on the hood, which were repainted, and for some reason they decided to redo the entire car. I guess I really can't complain...

NewClear004.jpg

NewClear003.jpg

NewClear002.jpg

NewClear001.jpg

NewClear005.jpg

I'm going to have to really rethink the subject of this discussion...

On the wise advice of Mr. Sanborn, I left work early last Thursday, drove an hour home to pick up my trailer, and went to the shop to retrieve my car. Way too long a story for details, but let’s just say I'd be surprised if the gate isn't chained already, and I don't expect to ever see the money I've already paid for the completion of this restoration...

So, my quest 2 years ago to find someone to finish my never ending mustang project, currently stands with my having two unfinished mustang projects...

The brilliance of my plan is getting harder and harder to explain to the wife...

Pictures of the rescue, just before exfil...

Mustangrescue001.jpg

Mustangrescue003.jpg

Mustangrescue005.jpg

when i first saw it in the paint booth i thought my god thats awful colour, then i saw it finished and it actually looks awesome. keep at it man its not easy but with time you will have both finished!

Back