• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Restofied - My '66 Coupe Project

Here's what the car currently looks like rolled onto the drivers side. Sorry the pic couldn't be better. The view is somewhat limited.
rolled.jpg

I expect to find a few small things that were overlooked, but was surprised how many little things I found with a new perspective! I hadn't planned on blasting the underside (due to accessibility at the time), but with this kind of access I am seriously rethinking that! I may end up getting some blast media today or tomorrow!

Last edited:
Don't have an overview but is sandblasting neccesarry ?
If so , use epoxy primer as first coat.But you probably know.

Love that rotisserie ! Very efficientie and low cost.Extra money for the bling !:cool::cool:

Don't have an overview but is sandblasting neccesarry ?
If so , use epoxy primer as first coat.But you probably know.

Love that rotisserie ! Very efficientie and low cost.Extra money for the bling !:cool::cool:

100% necessary? Simple answer, no. It would greatly simplify cleaning the crud and surface corrosion out of all of the nooks and crannies from the wheel well areas back. It would also insure I got ALL of the corroded areas. Absolutely on the epoxy primer, have 2 gallons on hand (in addition to a gallon of polyester surfacer/primer).

I have right at $60US in the whole rotisserie. Very easy to build and use. Best of all I can easily disassemble it for storage in a small space as opposed to the cost and storage issues with a full size 360 deg steel rotisserie. When the coupe is finally finished it's going on my fastback so I can finish it!

Back