• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sad news! War takes Fixer!

Funeral services will be held at 11AM tomorrow in Va. Beach at the First Baptist Church. I'll be heading up first thing in the morning. If given the opportunity I will pass on to Casey and/or Sam's dad condolences from our Mustang community. Turnout is expected to be LARGE.... church is planning on 1000+

Let me know if anyone else will be attending.

"Jonk67" said:
I couldn't post the first time I read this, too sick to my stomach thinking of his young boys.
+1

Never had the honor of meeting the man but enjoyed his "company" here. I can only imagine his family's pain. Wish there was something meaningful I could do for his boys.

"daveSanborn" said:
Funeral services will be held at 11AM tomorrow in Va. Beach at the First Baptist Church. I'll be heading up first thing in the morning. If given the opportunity I will pass on to Casey and/or Sam's dad condolences from our Mustang community. Turnout is expected to be LARGE.... church is planning on 1000+

Let me know if anyone else will be attending.

The plan is to close the board while the service is ongoing. Dave can you text me when it is finished?

Great idea Sluggo. Is there a way to simply post a pic of Sam that everyone would see when they attempt to login tomorrow during the service?

"cmayna" said:
Great idea Sluggo. Is there a way to simply post a pic of Sam that everyone would see when they attempt to login tomorrow during the service?

Already on it.

I never did take Sam up on his offer (he gave me his dealer login info for dynacorn website and was willing to let me get parts at dealer pricing - another sample of his generosity and willingness to help folks) so... since I live too far away, I'm going to go in my garage with my 68 Fastback ornament, hang it on my review mirror while I tinker on Gertrude during the service. I think it's only fitting since I got that ornament the same day he died and he was willing to help me out on parts.

I wish I lived close enough to attend the service. I hope that there will be many Mustangs driven there in honor of Sam.

"Sluggo" said:
The plan is to close the board while the service is ongoing. Dave can you text me when it is finished?

Will do!

I hope that there will be many Mustangs driven there in honor of Sam.

I gave a lot of thought to driving mine, but decided against it for a couple of reasons. I don't trust my cigarette lighter receptacle to power the GPS. I believe it's working, but don't want to take the chance. Without GPS I'd be dead navigating Va. Beach. Second reason.... I haven't so much as started the car since returning from MBB and don't want to take any chances with any un-expected on the road mechanical problems. Not that I would expect any, but this is something that I just can't be late for and I'd be leaving a brand new car sitting in the driveway.

Dave,
I can't get my schedule reworked to attend but please pass along all thoughts and prayers to the family. If you hear of the memorial planned for January let me know.

Based upon the plan that the board will shutdown around 11am EST, I think I'm going to take a couple hours away from work during that time and take the 68 out for a drive in rememberance of our lost friend. I think Sam would approve.

Dave, Thank you for attending the funeral. Though it's probably impossible to achieve, stay strong. I know I couldn't.
For me it would be like when I attended Johnpro's funeral. Extremely tough. I cried like a baby.

I think I may try that as well Craig. Firing up the 66 at around 11 AM I think will be a fitting tribute from me.

Here's areply to a post Sam did back in July of this year:

BTW, so I'm sitting here by myself replying to another topic and my boys (5 &7) wake up and come out. They start pointing at the smilies above the text I'm typing and ask "what's that for?" pointing first to the "great stuff" smiley. Then my 7 year old points at this one... :shee and says "I like that one, its funny."

WTF do I do with that? I say "yep, that is funny. Go get dressed..."

What was I saying about Cars 2? Maybe we'll go see it again this afternoon. That might keep me from having to explain :shee to them. :hs

*&%$*^$#@ Craig, Talking to my mom on the phone, laughing and crying at the same time reading this post......bastard

My flag will be out tomorrow and a prayer will be said at 11:00 A.M. while staring at my computer screen and remembering Sam.

Back