• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shelby drop and lowering spring

Any suggestions on front sway bar upgrade from stock. Should I go with 1 inch or 1 1/4. Summit has a pretty decent price on some scott drakes. I know they are not top of the line but imagine it's a huge improvement over my stock. So should I go for the 1 or (1.125 correction)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Curious on who uses the Monte Carlo bar? If you use a one piece exports brace do you really need a Monte Carlo bar. John at OR doesn't think so, and I can understand why. The one piece (if it dynamically supports its self ((strong enough)) Should not collapse or give inwards or outwards. Anyone agree or disagree.

Curious on who uses the Monte Carlo bar? If you use a one piece exports brace do you really need a Monte Carlo bar. John at OR doesn't think so, and I can understand why. The one piece (if it dynamically supports its self ((strong enough)) Should not collapse or give inwards or outwards. Anyone agree or disagree.

dde16c254816cef46264d38ccef4c87f.jpg

Im probably not the right guy to ask that question...I'm a structures engineer. For me, more straight...more better. I'll say anything is better than nothing. We had a long drawn out engagement over on VMF on this exact topic. I created a stress model depicting the two well known variants of straight and curved bars with some pseudo realistic loading conditions. The straight bar was clearly better. I would bet the bar you have shown has a very heavy cross section...to make up for the stress concentration at the sharp 'V'...just a guess however.

Easy test, take straw between your two index fingers. Push straight together towards the center. Now add a bend in the center of the straw and repeat the test. Any difference?

If I remember correctly, Street or Track sells a sick setup that uses Heim jointed parts from the firewall to each shock tower and another one from shock tower to shock tower. I bought one on a group buy years ago, but have yet to install it. Doh!

If I remember correctly, Street or Track sells a sick setup that uses Heim jointed parts from the firewall to each shock tower and another one from shock tower to shock tower. I bought one on a group buy years ago, but have yet to install it. Doh!

I saw his but it won't clear my distributor. :(.
1d2614e5e188709cb976e6fbc05e2820.jpg

Hey guys. Need some help.

As you see my old sway bar bolt and spacer are shorter then with the new 1 inch upgrade. Should I use the new longer spacer?

Back