• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shipping a car...

Unloaded from a steel bed with steel ramps was touchy but they were slow and took it easy

what did you think the bed and ramps were made out of? plastic?

"napaguy" said:
Unloaded from a steel bed with steel ramps was touchy but they were slow and took it easy

what did you think the bed and ramps were made out of? plastic?

Did ya read....in the rain........

"Midlife" said:
Why isn't it at my garage drying off while we quaff Wattles? Slacker!

Plates, ins., and would not want to upset your schedule.... :lol

"silverblueBP" said:
Where the F are the pictures of it being unloaded?

Slacker

Had to look it over.....now that it is dark out, I can do the pic. thing.

Bunch of whinny old ladies anyway.......

It came in with only two left on the trailer from the original. The VW that was on the rear leaked oil all over the rear of the trailer. Sure glad mine was on top.

unload001.jpg

unload002.jpg

unload003.jpg

unload004.jpg

unload005.jpg

unload006.jpg

That was fast! They told me somewhere between tomorrow and Friday!

Pete, I've left the insurance on it, just to be safe, in case we needed it for anything. I'm going to drop it tomorrow, ok?

How's it look so far? I realize you've only been able to do a preliminary look-over, but how's it look, other than being dirty?

Congrats on the safe trip. The car looks great! Hopefully Pete will fall in love with the stance of that car! Looks perfect......

It is insured on this end. Thanks. I think the drivers did a great job. The actual trucking company was R7B Trucking. They said I got a good deal as they needed a single to fill the load. The rest of the cars on that load paid over $1200.00 for the same trip. Guess I lucked out on that part as the booking agent I went thru arranged the actual trucking company.

All is looking good so far. The color is a shade darker than our Focus. Closer than I thought.

They had problems getting it started on the trailer. There was a bit of oil on a header for some reason. It created a bit of smoke but was gone in a couple of mins.

Now, I will be swapping a couple items from one car to the other. The inst. cluster in the light one is all Auto meter mounted in a factory bezel from the PO. Not bad looking and it will get rid of the extra ones under the dash of the dark car. The factory dash of the dark car will work good in the light one as it does not have larger alt. Going to get the other pony light cut into the drivers door too. Looking at a few other things but will see as the weekend progresses at a certain garagemahal....

The stance is fine and it will stay the same. To much to change the springs and such at this point. It is really amazing on the difference in the looks between the cars. A set of stripes and the lifted rearend makes the light car look so much larger.

You got it WET? :po That's not good.....the wet :nick will now add 500 lbs. :lol :lol :lol

"AzPete" said:
They had problems getting it started on the trailer. There was a bit of oil on a header for some reason. It created a bit of smoke but was gone in a couple of mins.

I started it when it first went onto the trailer, but it seems like they would have started it a few times since then. Not sure why they would've had problems starting it, other than not being used to a carburated car.

The oil thing, though is really strange though. Maybe the VW was SPRAYING oil, and not just leaking it *LOL*.

It has never leaked oil onto the headers, except for the one time years ago, when I accidentally puncture the oil pressure hose going to the AutoMeter gauge ... and that was a complete mess!

Which header had the oil on it?

They have moved it at least once, depending on where they dropped cars. They said it was hard to start before he got in. I have to agree, not used to carbs. Started fine for me today.

The oil smoke came from the left front but was just that one time when it was unloaded. Hmmm....will watch it for sure.

Watching the temp around town now as you said. It appears it was a bit low on coolant from the thermostat change you did. I added about 1 quart and will check it again when I drive it again. Slow speed traffic and stop lights brought it up a bit.

Those seats take some getting used to. Linda is kind of so so on swapping them with the '04's from the light one. Gotta get more miles before that is decided.

Transferred my YOM plate today so it feels at home now.

"AzPete" said:
The oil smoke came from the left front but was just that one time when it was unloaded. Hmmm....will watch it for sure

Could it possibly have anything to do with the extreme angle during unloading?

Frank

No. The smoke started once the header started getting warm. It smoked for about 20 mins. until I parked it. Nothing today when driving it.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Could it possibly have anything to do with the extreme angle during unloading?

Frank

While that angle is extreme, I just can't fathom where that oil came from. Now if you told me he found a sanding block stuck in the headers, and that was smoking, I'd be like, "oh, been there, done that before!" *LOL*

I'm hoping this is a non-issue, but it sure has me baffled right now!

Perhaps the angle of driving it on the trailer some leaked from oil sender?

I was going to ask how you liked the seats, I think the look great. I was thinking of changing mine to those.

I have seen no fresh oil and once a leak starts, it normally continues...

As to the seats, I think the '04 V6 Mustang leather seats in the light car are more comfortable but they are broke in good too. These seem on the firm side but I imagine my light weight butt will fix that soon. lol I like them and I think it is just a difference in the way the two types sit.

Could it be grease from the sardines that you haven't found yet??

Back