• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Stangfix Members Garage/Shop and Tool Hordes...Show us what ya got!!!

Here a few pics of my garage disaster. It kind of gets piled up during the winter, then cleaned up and reorganized in spring. Depending on what projects I have going.

I have parts from 2 Volvo's, a Cadillac, the Jeep, and mustang parts all over.

This is just my garage though. I have a workshop in the basement with all my non automotive construction type tools saws, drills, power tools, electrical etc.

I have a problem. I'm like Tim Allen, I buy tools sometimes when I don't need them, just in case I do need them someday. Sometimes multiples.

For example I have 8 jack stands, 2 floor jacks, 2 sets of car ramps, maybe 5 or 6 different drills. 3 circular saws, 2 jig saws etc.......
7a4db78cea725e3a604946fb80bce4b0.jpg
35dd2324a4dcaa24ca0a2261e0c40ad1.jpg
616b22d06055a26668eb6570f40367b4.jpg
355c39f1f9d0fb2ec216c90f270b4553.jpg
b3bb598a3f4ff49d70fc53ac927836a5.jpg
46e204992d3413af96325907b7c1ac0e.jpg
3491691a6a5487d51c8f08a9d65ad8eb.jpg
d2d61936a5ce961f13667a8aafad01de.jpg
e967c99620f3b9c9b881440466db580f.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Yep, you have the sickeness, Tool Hoarder

Still planning on getting to a point my stuff is cleaned up enough to share but in the interim UPS delivered some new goodies yesterday. After doing all the hard lines for fuel and brakes in stainless on my mustang I knew I wanted to upgrade some tools for the truck project. While stainless lines are awesome for both looks and function they can be a real pain to create. Stainless work hardens as you cut and bend it and standard brake line tools are not always up to the task or really struggle at times. So I invested in some industrial level stuff to make life easier and the final product better.

RIDGID tubing benders. 3/16", 1/4" and 3/8" (on BO be here soon) along with purpose built stainless tubing cutter and deburring tool. The benders are really nice. Exactly the same as the Swagelok units but cost a bit less. Unlike typical brake line benders these have bearings supporting the parts that contact the tubing so it all moves smoothly through the bending process. Longer ergonomic handles make bending the hard tubing easier too. Also feature clear markings for angle and gain compensation, etc. No more coat hanger mock-ups and "close enough" creations! Can you tell I'm excited? Love new tools!!! Anyway...PICS!

IMG_4713.jpgIMG_4714.jpg

Still planning on getting to a point my stuff is cleaned up enough to share but in the interim UPS delivered some new goodies yesterday. After doing all the hard lines for fuel and brakes in stainless on my mustang I knew I wanted to upgrade some tools for the truck project. While stainless lines are awesome for both looks and function they can be a real pain to create. Stainless work hardens as you cut and bend it and standard brake line tools are not always up to the task or really struggle at times. So I invested in some industrial level stuff to make life easier and the final product better.

RIDGID tubing benders. 3/16", 1/4" and 3/8" (on BO be here soon) along with purpose built stainless tubing cutter and deburring tool. The benders are really nice. Exactly the same as the Swagelok units but cost a bit less. Unlike typical brake line benders these have bearings supporting the parts that contact the tubing so it all moves smoothly through the bending process. Longer ergonomic handles make bending the hard tubing easier too. Also feature clear markings for angle and gain compensation, etc. No more coat hanger mock-ups and "close enough" creations! Can you tell I'm excited? Love new tools!!! Anyway...PICS!

View attachment 32649View attachment 32650
Cool, Love new tools.

My nightmare of a shop. Neighbor closed his auto repair shop and I'm letting him have some storage space for side projects.
e38a09cef81d8214c28b0e9400be1057.jpg
2b8737644faa399627bcb46d3a5cc34f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I recognize that 350 with the headers there Craig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's the engine we pulled out but those are the headers that were on the engine I bought from you. That 350 is a good boat anchor if you need a heavy anchor...

You’ve got a lot of space. I like it.

2400 sq ft of man cave. Twice the size of the house. Priorities man. Also have another 68 coupe outside as a parts car for my 68 and 2 more trucks that need work. Once he's done with the sealths, it's game on fixing my projects. Now that I have money and a normal schedule.

Not sure I mentioned it in the past, but I got laid off back in August and was unemployed for 6 months. Landed a gig at my bank in their IT dept in January. Bank hours/holidays and better pay.

Last edited:
I like Tarafied's. He got stuffs. Anna cat!
Mine is always in flux. Way too much stuff. I got annoyed at all the crap on bench one last week and cleaned all the crap off it. R2D2 was attacked by a wanton two year old with a Sharpie. He has since fully recovered. Top of the fridge is now a rechargeable tool station.
Garage18Rt.jpg

The more interesting end of bench two.
IMAG4730.jpg

The crap between the parts washer and Ryobi box has gone away so I could put my engine stand with the 5.8 on it there and also I wanted to be able to walk up to the lathe and mill. Bandsaw just visible to the left and portaband invisible behind it and I wanted clear access to those too . Seriously, my shop actually is slightly less cluttered now then it was in these pictures. Really!
garage18rear2.jpg

I like Tarafied's. He got stuffs. Anna cat!
Mine is always in flux. Way too much stuff. I got annoyed at all the crap on bench one last week and cleaned all the crap off it. R2D2 was attacked by a wanton two year old with a Sharpie. He has since fully recovered. Top of the fridge is now a rechargeable tool station.
Garage18Rt.jpg

The more interesting end of bench two.
IMAG4730.jpg

The crap between the parts washer and Ryobi box has gone away so I could put my engine stand with the 5.8 on it there and also I wanted to be able to walk up to the lathe and mill. Bandsaw just visible to the left and portaband invisible behind it and I wanted clear access to those too . Seriously, my shop actually is slightly less cluttered now then it was in these pictures. Really!
garage18rear2.jpg
Wow, you need a bigger garage

Digging the computer set-up out there, Gypsy. I keep threatening to do the same but never get around to it. This forces me into the house and my comfy office chair when I need to use the Web to find some spec or such and I end up losing so much work time sitting on my lazy ass.

Love the "worked in" look of your space but it would drive me crazy trying to find stuff. I'm sure you know exactly where everything is...usually.

2400 sq ft of man cave. Twice the size of the house. Priorities man. Also have another 68 coupe outside as a parts car for my 68 and 2 more trucks that need work. Once he's done with the sealths, it's game on fixing my projects. Now that I have money and a normal schedule.

Not sure I mentioned it in the past, but I got laid off back in August and was unemployed for 6 months. Landed a gig at my bank in their IT dept in January. Bank hours/holidays and better pay.

2400 nice. I built 1280 and thought it was gonna be huge. We know how that goes.

Congrats on the new job.

Wow, you need a bigger garage
This is bay one of two. Two is where the '67 lives. I've laid out the footers for a third bay. The '69 will live there along with a bunch of shelving to store a bunch of that crap obstructing the machine tool work area.
I know it doesn't look like it but I spend a surprising amount of time fiddling around trying to optimize the space. Also throwing things out. I can find most things but it screws me up when something's been somewhere stupid and in the way for ten years and then I finally find a better and more sensible place for it. Six months later I can't find it to save my life.

Ok, even when I wrote it I felt stupid saying "I cleaned up some, really!" So I snapped another picture real quick. Only cheats were I swept and pulled the cover off the 5.8 in progress. Because, well, you know. AOD torque converter needs to be put up. Overloaded cart is one wheels, so it's good.
Tank high left is a Ninja I was welding pinholes in until while grinding I got a bit of welding slag in my eyeball and had to go get it removed. I've yet to go back to that project.
Milk crate behind the 5.8 is the rods and pistons out of the '69 351W you can barely see peeking out from behind the parts washer. You can see one wheel of the cart I made for it. If heavy stuff is consistently in the way, put wheels under it, right?
Anvil in the floor. No room for a proper stand. Not really practical for a wheeled stand. My latest thought is from Garage Journal. Guys there are putting receiver hitches on their workbenches. Then mount a their vise, grinder, etc to a hitch and then have a slid mount they can quick change. Kicking around that idea. Some are using dual receivers for more stability. Sticker is that thing is heavy and I'm not so good at picking up heavy stuff these days.
White glare through the back window is because that's where I park the RV now.
bay1.jpg

Nice anvil, what weight? I have my great grandfathers. He told me that he paid 50 cents for it when he was young and that was a days wage. Later in life he bought another one for $5, which was a day's wage then. My brother has the $5 one.

Like 60 pounds. It's not actually nice, it's just a beater. It has no "ring" to it. I inherited it from a brother in law. Other brother wanted it for a lawn ornament and I talked him out of it. I have my grandfather's Athol vise though. it's worth having.

WOW, GypsyR that is a full garage! I understand your methods. You work with what you have! My garage is a two car garage and it is divided by the cinder block base of our stone fireplace above. It's really way too small for a working garage but I find a way. I enjoy looking at your pics! It's like a treasure hunt!

Back