• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

TARAfied 64 Falcon

well I haven't done much to the Falcon but trying to collect parts. Got a T5 and bellhousing from Bill (67fastback) and I'm going to the Falcon nationals this weekend to the swap meet. Looking for:
- Drivers side headlight ring
- windshield (found one on craigslist for $40 but the guy hasn't responded)
- front seats (I may use some 68 Mustang seats I have...)
- rear axle
- bumpers and brackets
- gas cap
- gas tank
- steering wheel
- trunk lock
- ignition switch
- door locks
???

I found a picture of a "round body" Falcon with Mustang seats so I'm pretty sure I can make those work. I read that Fairlane, Galaxy, Comet and T-Bird seats from the same era will fit. I wanna keep it retro looking so not planning any modern seats but I may just wander some junkyards for ideas too
Here is the Falcon with early Mustang seats
zzDSC01257.jpg

will do. i can get stuff back thru the 50's so figure it should be available. if you put the mustang seats in like the one pictured, will you convert it to right hand drive too?? :confu knew something looked off in that pic, then noticed the wheel..

:yah
yes that pic is a RHD Falcon from down under, I probably won't bother to convert it. I don't have suede like those either :rant but I could use those red ones you took out of your car Jon....

I pressure washed engine compartment and vacuumed the floor boards.
I also repaired the studs on the drivers seat track and mounted the base.
a6936892-4679-3ad9.jpg

a6936892-468c-b688.jpg

a6936892-469d-182a.jpg

a6936892-46b2-5965.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eyebolts were used for 64.5 Mustang seatbelts, IIRC, so they are probably the use for the Fal-coon.

thanks, they are in the same position as my Mustang belt bolt holes so I figured they might be, or some one added them...

"tarafied1" said:
:yah
yes that pic is a RHD Falcon from down under, I probably won't bother to convert it. I don't have suede like those either :rant but I could use those red ones you took out of your car Jon....

Craig,
I have a RHD firewall & dash i can send you and it has a metric speedo too!!!
Steve

"scedd" said:
Craig,
I have a RHD firewall & dash i can send you and it has a metric speedo too!!!
Steve
for a Falcon? that might be pretty cool... then I could be a mail carrier :thu

I use eyebolts for my 6 pt harnesses Craig. Makes changing them a breeze.

I have them in my Falcon. Don't know if it came with them or not but my Simpson racing belts hook right up.

I like that horn placement.

"Opentracker" said:
I have them in my Falcon. Don't know if it came with them or not but my Simpson racing belts hook right up.
you guys have them hooked to the roll bar too?

I believe the horns go up front like on the Mustangs. By hey, the driver can hear it better where it is. Mine doesn't work, I just yell or throw something.

"tarafied1" said:
you guys have them hooked to the roll bar too?

No roll bar in my Falcon. It doesn't see any track time.

I do have a roll bar in the track cars and the sholder belts go to the cross bar. The lap belts mount to those eye bolts.

"Opentracker" said:
I believe the horns go up front like on the Mustangs. By hey, the driver can hear it better where it is. Mine doesn't work, I just yell or throw something.
my Stang doesn't have horns either, if they can't see and here me, the horn won't help!
"Opentracker" said:
No roll bar in my Falcon. It doesn't see any track time.

I do have a roll bar in the track cars and the sholder belts go to the cross bar. The lap belts mount to those eye bolts.
okay, just lap belts. I didn't know Simpson made those. That's what I'll get
Thanks

Back