• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The Official Stangfix Playing Cards thread

Which type of card would you like?

• Corvette style

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Route 66 Mustang card

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
"guruatbol" said:
We still need 14 cars or so....

Mel

Mel,

I PM'd you back on the 20th. I don't see my name added to the list yet. I'm interested to have my car immortalized on a card!

Indycanard

Now that we have everyone signed up, I will put this out there.

If there is anyone that was left out please PM me and I will make room for your car.

Now, I have some samples and I like the 300 weight paper with a matte finish. I have played poker and some other card games with these samples and found one finish in particular that is awesome. It is 300 weight with a smooth matte finish. They feel the same as the best cards in the world for poker, Bicycle brand. When we as a family get together to play and we have been playing for three generations, this is the only type of cards allowed at the table. The VMF cards didn't cut the mustard. I would like these decks to be acceptable to all poker players.

Now if that is good for you guys, we will be half way there.

As far as the backgrounds are concerned, I was sent several samples, but two of them were decks with cars on them. One was for Corvettes and they chose a background that is an oval and has black with a blue and yellow circular graphic on it and the car is centered. The year of car is in yellow with blue outline above each car. This looks very professional and uniform. I think it looks good. My scanner is broken so I have to try to take a pic of them and post it. Tomorrow.

The other deck has the car in an oval and all the cars were shot in front of the same building with the year/model of the cars under them. These are all different cars kind of like what ours will be.

I have looked and thought about the suggestions here and I like many of them. I personally like the uniformity of the corvette cards and think we could put out a great product that way. We could choose one background like a race track grandstand and put each car in front of it or a checkered flag and then the car over it with the user name under the car and the year/model above it.

For the backs of the cards, I like the tail section Kat came up with and for the license plate we should put the infamous 2-THE-BAR on it. Johnpro will have a card for Scary and I think this is enough.

So let's hear some ideas from you guys and if you have skills with photoshop, step up by sending me a PM and we can get the pics started.

Thanks, I am so excited for this to be done! It will be very cool if it is half as good as the samples they sent me.

Mel

I like the Corvette version with Mel's suggestion of a uniform background (checkered flag, grandstand, sunset, etc) instead of the color band (since the band's color would have to be adjusted as needed to allow for darker cars not to be washed out.)

"70_Fastback" said:
Sorry, but I don't like either one.

They look very dated (read 80's) to me.

I would agree. With the talent we have on the board I don't see the need to copy someone else's stuff.

I'm finally getting my schedule cleared. I will throw together a couple ideas.

"Sluggo" said:
I would agree. With the talent we have on the board I don't see the need to copy someone else's stuff.

I'm finally getting my schedule cleared. I will throw together a couple ideas.

I didn't want to copy them, I was just looking for feedback on the concept. The Corvette style was a background that is the same for all cars and the Mustang one was just a background that was cut out to fit an area and the year/model type stuff around it in one way or another.

Mel

"mustang67408" said:
Can NB's get in on this. I'd love to see my car on a card and would definatly be in to buying a few decks too.

I'm sure you can. Mel is in the hospital at the moment so give him some time to respond. I think there was a few spots left.

Back